XU Tutor Home
These 3 library tutorials will help you to do research more effectively while saving you time and helping you to succeed at Xavier.
- Page through the tutorials using the and buttons.
- Click all of the links in the tutorials: examples, videos, and demos.
- If off-campus, the database demos will require you to log in with your Xavier username and password.
- Each tutorial ends in a quiz. The results will be emailed to you. Keep these. You may be asked by different professors for the results.
FIND TutorialThis tutorial will teach you how to:
- Review different types of sources
- Identify keywords that describe the topic
- Construct and implement effectively designed search strategies using keywords.
- Use library resources to find books, articles, etc.
EVALUATE TutorialThis tutorial will teach you how to:
- Asses the quantity, quality and relevance of your search results.
- Examine your search results to determine currency, relevance, authority, accuracy and purpose.
- Identify potential gaps in your search results.
- Revise your search strategy.
USE TutorialThis tutorial will teach you how to:
- Avoid plagiarizing
- Cite sources consistently using appropriate document style
- Understand intellectual property, copyright and fair use