Safe on Campus - Library
The library is following all University guidelines regarding the safe return to campus for students, faculty, and staff. This page outlines the specific safety measures and operating procedures in place in McDonald Library and at the Connection Center in the Conaton Learning Commons (CLC). The library provides support and resources for faculty and students in a remote learning environment as well. For any questions, email the library staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Library and CLC Hours
- Monday-Friday: 8:00am-5:00pm
- Saturday: 12:00pm-4:00pm
For break and holiday hours, see here.
Face masks must be worn at all times while in the library and the CLC.
- Entry and exit doors are clearly marked. Follow these guidelines to help facilitate social distancing when coming in and going out of buildings
- The furniture in the public spaces and classrooms has been set to maintain social distancing. Proper placement is indicated by white tape lines on the floor. Please do not move the furniture
- Observe the social distancing markers on the floor in places where you might wait in line, such as at the Connection Center and in front of the elevators, and keep 6' between you, other patrons, and staff members at all times
- Limit occupancy in elevators to one person at a time
Study and Zoom Space
There are spaces available on all floors of the library and CLC for quiet study, participating in online classes via Zoom, and group work. Students are encouraged to make use of the spaces as needed, while observing social distancing and being considerate of fellow students. General guidelines include:
- Library: basement, 1st and 3rd floors
Online with Zoom
- Library: 2nd floor (moveable panels allow students to configure spaces for privacy and comfort)
- CLC: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th floors
- CLC: 5th floor (follow procedures for appointments with student support services on this floor as well)
Group Study Rooms
There are twelve group study rooms in the CLC available to reserve online.
In-Person Check Out
Items may be checked out and holds picked up in person at the Connection Center on the 3rd floor of the CLC. Patrons must be wearing a mask to receive service at the desk. Plexiglas dividers are in place to provide protection between patrons and staff members. Observe the social distancing markers on the floor in front of the desk and keep 6' between you, other patrons, and staff members at all times.
Quick Pickup (Contactless)
Place a hold on Xavier owned materials in XPLORE using the Request button and set an appointment for the time you wish to pick up the item(s). Library staff will check out the item(s) to your account and have them ready when you arrive. You may request Quick Pickup for materials coming from OhioLINK as well. You can make the pick up appointment by clicking the link at the time of placing the hold for Xavier materials, from the email letting you know your hold is ready, or by following this link.
Returning Library Items
Materials may be returned with no contact to the Connection Center desk, the book return to the left of the McDonald Library entrance (across from Hinkle Hall), or the book return to the left of the CLC main 3rd floor entrance.
Umbrellas, phone chargers, and calculators are available for check out. All items will be sanitized upon return.
Librarians are available for virtual research assistance Monday-Friday, 10:00am-2:00pm by chat from the library's homepage, text at 513-773-3263, and email at email@example.com. You also may contact your personal librarian by email or to request a Zoom consultation.
Library instruction is available and faculty are encouraged to work with their librarian liaison to schedule classes. We recommend virtual learning sessions through Zoom, but librarians may choose to come to in-person classes depending on classroom capacity, the ability to safely social distance, and faculty preferences. Librarians also can create video demonstrations of research databases and search strategies, as well as course- or topic-specific research guides.
University Archives and Special Collections
Laptops are available for daily check out at the Connection Center and will be sanitized between transactions. If you are a student in need of a laptop long-term for remote learning, you must have a faculty member or your success coach email firstname.lastname@example.org to request this.
Laptops, document cameras, and iPads are available for faculty to check out for long-term use. Contact Meg Martin for questions about these.
Public Computers, Printers, and Multi-Functional Devices (Copiers)
Workstations and equipment are available on the 1st floor of McDonald, the 2nd floor of McDonald and CLC, and the 3rd floor of CLC. Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before and after using the equipment. Do not clean equipment with disinfectant or sanitizer.
To facilitate reduced capacity occupancy in the buildings and follow campus guidelines, visitor logins for the public computers are not available. For special events or exceptions, email email@example.com. Visitors may access the Xavier wireless guest network with their personal devices.
- Bulletin boards are not available for posting flyers
- The hydration stations on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors of McDonald are available.The water fountains in both buildings are turned off
For questions about the library's response to COVID-19 and the safe return to campus, contact Alison Morgan.