University Archives & Special Collections
University Archives serves as the chief historical resource for materials about the University, its people, programs, and culture.
Special Collections contains rare books, works of art, manuscripts, and other valuable materials.
University Archives is located on the third floor of the McDonald Library, room 309, and Special Collections is located in room 310 on the 3rd floor of the McDonald Library.
Access & Hours
Descriptions of some of the archival resources in University Archives can be found the in Library's catalog. To browse the catalogued material, do an advanced search for keyword phrase "Xavier University" and limit the location to "Archives." Access to the materials in University Archives and Special Collections is by appointment only.
To use the materials in University Archives or Special Collections, please make an appointment with Anne Ryckbost, University Archives Librarian, using one of the methods listed below:
- Online Form: Patron Use Registration Form
- Telephone: 513 745-4821
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-person: ask for Anne Ryckbost at the Connection Center (3rd floor of the Learning Commons)
- Fax: 513 745-1932
- Postal mail: direct to Anne Ryckbost using the address below:
McDonald Library, Room 309
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-5211
- Anne Ryckbost, University Archives Librarian Room 309, email@example.com, 513-745-4821
- Fr. Thomas Kennealy, University Archivist, McDonald Library, Room 308, kennealy@xavier, 513 745-4822