Zoom Meeting Security Announcement
Starting September 1st, 2020, you will be required to sign into Zoom using single sign (SSO) with your Xavier ID and Password. Anyone joining a meeting without signing in to a Xavier ID will be placed into a waiting room until admitted by the host.
Participate in a Zoom Meeting Safely
- Never post a Zoom meeting link to a public site or send the link to someone outside Xavier unless they are authorized to join the meeting.
- Download and use the app on your computer or phone. Sign in the app using single sign (SSO) with your Xavier ID and Password.
- Change your profile to your real name rather than a nickname or alias so the meeting organizer can recognize you.
- If you plan to call into a meeting, share your phone number with the host prior to meeting to ensure the host admits you into the meeting.
- Everyone should use their Xavier ID and password to be admitted to the meeting. Anyone joining the meeting without Xavier ID and password is placed into a waiting room. The meeting organizer is required to admit only identified members into the meeting.
Lead Meetings Safely
Review and admit participants who do not log in to Zoom with their Xavier ID.
- Open the participants screen to vet and admit participants. All participants logged in with a Xavier ID will automatically enter the meeting.
- Be prepared to kick out (remove) unwanted participants by clicking the "More" button and selecting "Remove" from the drop down menu
- Mute all participants (by opening the participants screen and clicking "Mute All") until you are ready to start the meeting then either unmute everyone (by opening the participants screen and clicking "Unmute All") or tell individuals to unmute themselves when they want to speak
- REMINDER: Never post a Zoom meeting link to a public site or send the link to someone outside Xavier unless they are authorized to join the meeting.
Training sessions will be available to faculty and staff on these issues (link requires authentication).