Looking for Guatemala Applications? Stop by our office (GSC 340) to pick up an application. Applications are due September 9th in our office at 9:00am. Go to International Service Trips for details.
Serving on the Interfaith Leadership Cabinet offers students an opportunity to drive programming as well as engage in unique experiential learning opportunities in an intentional interfaith community.
Benefits of Serving on Cabinet
- Experience community with people new to you
- Learn about other traditions
- Gain skills as a culturally competent leader
- Build communication skills
- Create meaningful relationships
- Receive support for program ideas that are important to you
- Have fun!
- FREE FOOD!
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to cater a meeting
- Special privileges such as: free attendance on the Interfaith Retreat, Interfaith swag, and invitations to multicultural experiences around the city
- Attend all meetings (One unexcused absence per semester)
- Fall 2017 Meetings will take place on Sundays from 4:45pm to 6:15pm
- Volunteer for a minimum of four programs per semester
- Actively serve on a committee each semester
- Strive to fulfill the mission and expectations of the Center for Interfaith Community Engagement
Cabinet Leaders will fulfill the mission and expectations of the Center for Interfaith by engaging in three areas:
- Represent the Center for Interfaith throughout Xavier to build a community that promotes celebration over tolerance.
- Expand understanding of different cultures and share that knowledge with others
- Participate in experiences from different cultures
- Contribute to Cabinet community and growth through honest reflection and conversation
- Identify educational topics for meetings and programs
- Attend weekly meetings featuring student-led education, reflection, collaborative committee work, and shared meals (Approximately 90 minutes)
- Organize and engage in multicultural excursions (mosques, temples, performances, exhibits, service locations, etc.)
- Promote programs on campus and social media
- Demonstrate hospitality by greeting guests and supporting distinguished speakers
- Distribute program materials (paint, buttons, shirts)
- Set-up/Tear-down for programs
- Organize new programs to promote celebration over tolerance
- Plan social activities for Cabinet members
- Arrange at least one educational field trip per semester
- Organize one service activity per semester
- Present to Cabinet on Interfaith topics
- Develop and facilitate educational activities for meetings
- Prepare small group discussions topics to engage dialogue
- Plan meeting logistics such as food and discussion topics
- Develop community building activities for meetings, such as a gift exchange
- Assist with setting up/tearing down meetings
Applications are due on September 7th, and our first meeting is September 10th, 2017.