Elaine Crable, Ph.D.
Professor, Business Analytics and Information Systems
Dr. Elaine A. Crable is a Professor of Information Systems and Business Analytics as well as the co-director for the Center for International Business. She teaches MIS Strategy in the MBA program and has taught undergraduate MIS courses such as Database Management, Data Mining, Networking and Programming. She also has taught international business at the undergraduate level. She held the position of Assistant Graduate Dean for 5 years, was founder and Chair of the Dept. of Information Systems for 12 years, and International Director. She has been consulting in the area of pedagogical design for online learning for the past 25 years. Elaine was part of the start of online teaching at Xavier at the Graduate and Undergraduate level and focused on integrating Jesuit Pedagogical Values into online teaching.
Her research focuses on behavioral and pedagogical issues as well as organizational enterprise systems, business intelligence and entrepreneurship efforts of women in developing countries.
First Year at Xavier
- Ph.D. University of Georgia, Athens, Georgia
- M. B. A. Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
- B. S. University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- AACSB Certificate 5-week seminar 1988 University of Minnesota (MIS certification)
- AACSB Certificate 4-week seminar 1990 University of Baltimore (MIS certification)
- Master On-Line Teaching Certificate University of Illinois (2009)
- Certificate of Online Administration University of Illinois (2014)
- Sena, M; Crable, E. (2017) RateMyInformationSystemsProfessor: Exploring the factors that influence student ratings; Information Systems Education Journal 15(6), June, 56-71.
- Shadle, J., Crable, E., and Krishnan, H. (2016) Integrating Ignatian Values into an International Executive MBA Immersion Experience. Journal of Jesuit Business Education, 7 (1), 73-86.
- Segerman, J., Crable, E., and Brodzinski, J. (2016) E-Learning and Medical Residents, a Qualitative Perspective. Information Systems Education Journal 14(1), January, 35-47.
- Brodzinski, J., Crable, E., Ariyachandra. T and Frolick, M. (2013) Mobile Business Intelligence. International Journal of Business Intelligence Research 4(2), April-June, 54-66.