Go Move Challenge
February 1 – 28, 2019
HOW TO LOG MINUTES
- Starting February 1, visit GoMoveChallenge.org
- Click the “LOG IN / REGISTER” button on the top menu bar
- In the “LOG IN” box, enter your email address and password
- In the “LOG MY WORKOUT” box, select the type of activity, add an activity description, enter the number of minutes, and select a single date or date range for logging multiple days
- Click the “LOG IT” button when finished
- Users can delete minutes that were entered in error
CHALLENGE RULES AND TIPS
- Starts: 12:00 a.m. Pacific Time on Friday, February 1, 2019
- Ends: 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time on Thursday, February, 28, 2019 (NOTE: Minutes will not be accepted after the challenge ends.)
- Open the mobile-friendly challenge website from your phone’s browser to enter minutes on the go!
- Read the challenge FAQ at GoMoveChallenge.org/FAQ
Participants track their minutes of movement throughout the month. Movement is defined as any intentional exercise that causes at least a small increase in breathing or heart rate. This includes cardio, strength/resistance, mind/body and sports/fitness.
- Cardio – Any indoor or outdoor physical activity that causes a temporary increase in heart rate, with or without a machine. Examples include walking, hiking, running, and biking.
- Strength/Resistance – Any physical activity that utilizes weights or resistance (e.g. barbells, dumbbells, kettlebells, medicine balls, resistance bands, gym machines, boxing equipment, gravity, etc.) to increase muscular strength. Examples include weightlifting, CrossFit, circuit training, barre classes, boxing, and rock climbing.
- Mind/Body – Any physical activity executed with a profoundly inward-directed focus that consciously engages the mind. Examples include Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi, Tae Kwan Do, Qi Gong, and Karate.
- Sports/Fitness – Any physical activity or fitness class in which individuals or teams compete against themselves or other teams. Examples include basketball, baseball, step class, aerobics class, dance, Zumba, soccer, swimming, spin class, gymnastics, rugby, football, and racquetball.
View the Walking Calendar and Fitness Class Schedule for ways to get moving on campus! *O'Connor Sports Center and all group fitness classes are free for faculty and staff in the month of February.
There is no limit to the number of minutes that you can accumulate or how often you can log minutes:
- Use an electronic device (i.e. fit bit) to record your steps and miles walked
- Partner with colleagues to walk, run, climb, jog or stroll throughout the city to accumulate points
- Read more at www.GoMoveChallenge.org/FAQ
Questions? Email email@example.com.