- Be accepted into a degree-seeking or teacher certification program at Xavier University.
- Complete the FAFSA. Students whose FAFSA is received by the federal processor by February 15 will receive priority consideration. Consult our FAFSA tips page for help in completing this application. Xavier University's school code number is 003144.
- After the FAFSA has been completed online, a Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent from the federal processor. Review the information on the SAR for accuracy. If corrections need to be made, follow the instructions on the SAR. At the same time, Xavier will electronically receive an Institutional Student Aid Report from the federal processor for all students who list Xavier University.
- If the SAR indicates the student's application has been selected for a process called verification, the student must transfer their IRS figures into their FAFSA (by using the IRS Data Retrieval Process) or submit signed copies of their federal tax transcript, along with a completed Verification Worksheet.
- Once the student has been admitted to Xavier University and the Student Aid Report has been received, financial aid eligibility will be determined. Students will be notified by email when their award is ready to be viewed. The Office of Student Financial Assistance begins preparing awards in March, for the upcoming year. Students should expect to receive their award approximately three weeks after being accepted into a degree program at Xavier and after the Office of Student Financial Assistance has the results of the FAFSA.
General Eligibility Requirements
To be considered for financial aid a student must:
- Be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen of the United States.
- Apply and be accepted for admission into an approved degree-seeking program or teacher-certification program.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress toward the completion of his or her course of study according to the financial aid Standards of Academic Progress.
- Be registered with Selective Service (males only).
- Not be in default on any federal student loans or PLUS loans.
- Not owe a refund on any federal or state education grants.
- Not have been convicted of an offense involving either the possession or sale of illegal drugs.