- News in Levels is a great site to build reading, listening and vocabulary. Try levels 0, 1 & 2
- Connect with English: A video story series with everyday language.
Note: If your browser is set block pop-ups, check "Always allow pop-ups from www.learner.org."
Learn English with Voice of America News stories in levels, with audio support
- News for You: Read and listen to current news stories in easy-to-understand English. (Subscriber password now needed.)
- en.news Learn English with CNN news, presented by levels
- USA Learns: Free, multi-media lessons to learn English, for Beginning, Low Intermediate and Intermediate Students. Produced by the US Department of Education. Directions in English or Spanish.
- Spelling and Typing Practice
- ELLLO: English Language Listening Lab Online.
- Sight Words Readers should know these words instantly and automatically.
General Interest-Intermediate to Advanced:
- News in Levels is a great site to build reading, listening and vocabulary.
Try levels 2 (intermediate) & 3 (advanced)
- Pronunciation: A website with videos of the sounds of English
- Eyercize Pacing to increase your reading speed and move your eyes from left to right.
- The Polyglot Project: Supported reading in English for speakers of Portuguese, Turkish, Spanish, French, German or Italian
- Living on Earth
- National Public Radio
- Story Corps: Listening to ordinary people tell their interesting stories.
- This American Life: A radio program with interesting and unusual stories about life in America.
Academic English For Advanced Learners:
- Academic Word List
- TED talks: Interesting talks on many subjects!
- 100 Wonderful Websites: Courses, tutorials, books, videos and more.
- Courses at Berkeley on YouTube: Audio and video lectures from the University of California, Berkeley.
- MIT Open Courseware: Video and audio lectures from classes at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- UChannel: Authentic audio and video lectures and discussions from top-tier universities.
- "You Quote It, You Note It" Plagiarism tutorial from Acadia University Library
- XU Tutor: Preventing Plagiarism. A guide from the Xavier University Library
- "Plagiarism: How to Avoid It"--a Video from Bainbridge State College
- Learning Express Library, practice for the GMAT, GRE, TOEFL or improve math, writing & reading skills.
Keyboarding (Typing) Practice