The Office of Institutional Diversity and Inclusion (OIDI) provides university-wide leadership to support the development and success of our employees and institutional diversity initiatives. Xavier’s employee-managed Affinity Groups are part of the institution’s collective efforts to leverage diversity to improve productivity, create a sense of togetherness and ensure that employees experience a greater sense of engagement and belonging, which in turn has a direct impact on student recruitment and persistence. In short, affinity groups benefit the entire university. Affinity groups are formed around a shared identity, common bond and a commitment to invest in the professional development of historically marginalized or underrepresented groups of faculty and staff.
- Visibility - Provide sense of security and acceptance for employees on campus by maintaining a visible presence and sense of togetherness.
- Socialization - Support new staff members in identifying campus resources and understanding university culture.
- Advocacy & Education - Advocate for policies and programs to meet the needs of members of underrepresented groups that lead to greater advancement. Make suggestions on educating all employees on relevant matters that impact a specific affinity group.
- Recruiting and Retaining Top Talent - Recruit, hire, and retain a highly skilled workforce that reflects the diversity of the students that we serve.
- Campus Engagement - Fostering camaraderie and building bridges amongst the campus community.