Research Participation Requests
One way that diversity and inclusion work continues to press forward is through research and scholarship. Please see below for ongoing research project that are seeking participating feedback.
This qualitative study will explore Black college students' experiences receiving counseling services within university counseling centers at Predominantly White Institutions (PWIs) to better understand how their unique mental health needs are being supported.
Criteria for Participation:
- Identify as Black
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate students at a Predominantly White Institution (PWI)
- Have engaged in counseling services through the university counseling center within the last 2 years
- Sought counseling for issues related to race-based stress
If you are interested in participating and meet the criteria, please email Reyna Smith at email@example.com for more information. You can also review the participation recruitment letter here. IRB #883-0122 University of the Cumberlands.
LGBTQ+ Spiritual Growth Survey
- Do you identify as being LGBTQ+ or an ally?
- Have experienced self-identified religious or spiritual trauma?
- Have experienced self-identified growth after said trauma?
- Do you currently live in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, or Indiana?
- Are you 18 years or older?
If you answered YES to all five of these questions, you’re invited to take part in a 15-minute anonymous survey. This research is being conducted by Ryan Joseph Allen, a doctoral student conducting dissertation research in collaboration with of Dr. Gail F. Latta, Ph.D., Professor & Inaugural Program Director of Leadership Studies at Xavier University. Our hope is that this study will yield understanding and spotlight areas of future research and service to those who have experienced religious trauma and posttraumatic spiritual growth within the LGBTQ+ community.
For further information please contact Ryan Joseph Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-835-2764. IRB #21-036 Xavier University.