Response to COVID-19
As the start of another academic year draws near, and in light of COVID-19, take a moment to review what you can expect from the CDI space and our team this year!
The CDI is open from 9am - 5pm Monday through Friday for all students to use. We will have a capacity limit of 9 people to ensure the safety of our staff and campus community. This limit will also allow to maintain at least 6 feet of distance between those using the space. In the CDI, you can:
- Hang out before or between classes (You will be required to check-in each time your enter the space via EngageXU's touchless QR code scanner so make sure you download the App!)
- Host small, informal meetings of up to 4 people (as long as this does not exceed the 9 person capacity limit)
- Use the microwave to heat up your meals
- Drink water, coffee, etc.
- CDI student organizations can use the space to distribute t-shirt and organizational swag by reservation only from 9-10am or 4-5pm on Fridays. Submit a reservation request here!
There will also be a few offices changes to ensure the safety of all those in the space. It's important to note that the CDI will not be a space where you can:
- Eat or snack
- Store your food/drinks in the refrigerator
- Touch or reading CDI books - but feel free to check out our library for inspiration!
- Use or borrow supplies such as markets, staplers, scissors, etc.
Please also review the updates below before you visit us:
- There is a capacity limit of 9 people (including CDI staff members) in the space at all times.
- All those entering the CDI will be required to wear a mask.
- All those in the CDI space will be required to maintain a distance of at least 6’ from other students, staff, and faculty members (unless you share a household).
- There will be one entrance door and one exit door in the space. Please be mindful and read the signs as you approach the CDI.
Need To Meet With a CDI Staff Member?
Check our "drop-in" hours below. If the staff member you're trying to reach is scheduled, scan the QR code below to jump into their Zoom room! If you're put into the waiting room, just hang out for a bit while they wrap up their previous meeting.
|Kyra Shahid||Mondays||10am - 11:30am||Click here to chat with Kyra|
|Joya Dillard||Tuesdays||1:3pm - 3:30pm||Click here to chat with Joya|
|Diamond Brown||Wednesdays||2pm - 4pm||Click here to chat with Diamond|
|Maria Merrill||Thursdays||9:30am - 11:30am||Click here to chat with Maria|
|Rosalyn Collins||Fridays||10am - 11:30am||Click here to chat with Rosalyn|
Follow us on Instagram (@xucdi) and Twitter (@XavierCDI) for instant updates and information. Regular university updates and return to campus guidelines can be accessed at xavier.edu/return-to-campus.