Quarantine and Isolation
Xavier University follows CDC guidelines for quarantine and isolation policies and is subject to change based on updated recommendations.
Confirmed COVID-19 Cases
- Individuals are expected to report positive COVID-19 test results to COVID Support Services at email@example.com.
- Individuals who have a confirmed COVID-19 case will be required to isolate themselves for at least 5 days from the date their symptoms started OR from the positive test date (if the individual is asymptomatic).
- Individuals will be released on the 6th day of isolation if their symptoms are improving. COVID Support Services will determine isolation release dates for students following CDC guidelines and in consultation with Health Services.
- Students may be required to participate in a clinical assessment, including testing, before their release from isolation.
- Human Resources will determine isolation release dates for employees following CDC guidelines.
- Upon release from isolation, individuals are advised to monitor for symptoms and wear a well-fitted mask for an additional 5 full days any time they are around others in both private and public spaces.
Individuals Exposed to COVID-19
If you were exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 or have been told by a healthcare provider or public health authority that you were exposed, here are the steps you should take, regardless of your vaccination status or if you have had a previous infection. Learn how COVID-19 spreads and the factors that make risk of spread higher or lower.
- Regardless of vaccination status, individuals are expected to wear a mask upon notification of exposure for 10 full days and monitor their symptoms.
- Individuals should get tested at least 5 full days after their last exposure, even if symptoms are not developed.
- If you develop symptoms following exposure, you should have an evaluation from a medical provider and be tested for COVID-19.
- Symptomatic students who are known close contacts may be required to quarantine for a brief time pending an evaluation and release from a medical provider.
Xavier has limited reserved isolation space that may be available for on-campus residents if needed.
- Residential students who can safely go home for isolation will be required to do so. If students remain on campus, they will be expected to remain in their assigned residence hall space for the duration of their isolation experience.
- COVID Support Services will work with impacted students and roommates to support the well-being of high-risk members of our community.
- Reserved isolation spaces will be prioritized for high-risk circumstances.
- On-campus isolation spaces are not guaranteed for on-campus residents. Students may be required to make plans for possible off-campus isolation at their own expense.
- Students living off-campus will not have access to on-campus space but will be supported by the COVID Support Services team.
COVID Support Services will continue to offer individualized care, guidance, and support to all students engaged in quarantine or isolation, regardless of their location.