Notice: The information on this page was last reviewed and updated on April 15, 2020. We are working hard to keep the information here current, but information is changing rapidly. Information included in "Today at Xavier" or formal messages from Fr. Graham sent after this date will be more up to date and more accurate, so please be sure to check your email for those messages.
- The University is canceling all outside events scheduled on campus through July 31, 2020 (EX: camps, space rentals). No new events will be scheduled until August 1 and beyond.
- All student-facing events are canceled through April.
- All other campus events are being evaluated on a case-by-case basis by division leaders following CDC guidelines on social distancing.
The Commencement Committee is now holding Saturday, August 8 with the hope of hosting a rescheduled Commencement ceremony in Cintas Center. The undergraduate ceremony will tentatively begin at 9:00 a.m. and the graduate ceremony will tentatively begin at 3:00 p.m.
A final decision to hold the Commencement ceremony on campus will be made no later than July 1 based on federal, state and local guidance for hosting large events. The health, well-being and safety of our graduates and their guests is our first priority.
The Commencement Committee is currently exploring other events to be hosted around the August 8 date including social events, honors awards, Baccalaureate Mass and more. Additional details about all Commencement programming will be shared in the weeks ahead.
Prospective Student Events
At Xavier, we emphasize the importance of the individual and believe in solidarity for and with others as we navigate through this challenging time together. With this being said, our campus community is devoted to the safety and well-being of current and future Musketeers. To ensure the health of all students, faculty and staff, we have come to the decision to postpone all upcoming events until further notice. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Daily Campus Visits
- XU Previews (March 29 and April 5)
- X-Day (April 18)
- Destination X (April 4)
- All remaining Muskies on the Road events
While traveling to campus may not currently be an option, our Admissions team has made the following resources available to start your Xavier experience:
- We invite you to take advantage of our virtual tour to see the best of campus from the comfort and security of your home.
- Admission Counselors are available via phone, email and zoom chats to answer any questions you may have at this time.
With the situation rapidly changing, we are devoted to being as transparent as possible with you and your family. Over the next few weeks, we will be introducing new, innovative opportunities for you to connect with campus.