Notice: The information on this page was last updated on March 23, 2020. We are working hard to keep the information here current, but information is changing rapidly. Information included in "Today at Xavier" or formal messages from Fr. Graham sent after this date will be more up to date and more accurate, so please be sure to check your email for those messages.
- All student-facing events are canceled through April.
- No third-party on-campus events are being scheduled through April.
- All other campus events are being evaluated on a case-by-case basis by division leaders following CDC guidelines on social distancing.
Based on the information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention regarding large gatherings, Xavier will postpone Commencement. At Xavier, celebrating our graduates and all they have accomplished is important both for the students and all who have supported them. Wonderful ideas have surfaced about special ways to celebrate. Xavier will have a Commencement, even if the timing and details of those festivities are currently beyond our control. As soon as we have more details, we will share them with the Xavier community so graduates, families and friends can plan to join us for a long-awaited, truly memorable ceremony.
Prospective Student Events
At Xavier, we emphasize the importance of the individual and believe in solidarity for and with others as we navigate through this challenging time together. With this being said, our campus community is devoted to the safety and well-being of current and future Musketeers. To ensure the health of all students, faculty and staff, we have come to the decision to postpone all upcoming events until further notice. This includes but is not limited to the following:
- Daily Campus Visits
- XU Previews (March 29 and April 5)
- X-Day (April 18)
- Destination X (April 4)
- All remaining Muskies on the Road events
While traveling to campus may not currently be an option, our Admissions team has made the following resources available to start your Xavier experience:
- We invite you to take advantage of our virtual tour to see the best of campus from the comfort and security of your home.
- Admission Counselors are available via phone, email and zoom chats to answer any questions you may have at this time.
With the situation rapidly changing, we are devoted to being as transparent as possible with you and your family. Over the next few weeks, we will be introducing new, innovative opportunities for you to connect with campus.