Admission and Application Requirements*
Admission to the MIDAS program is competitive. Admission decisions are made on a rolling basis for each fall entry cohort. There is no application deadline, but apply early for guidance regarding prerequisite courses and to ensure your seat in the entry term for which you applied if offered admission.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Prerequisite courses (Partial list of approved courses) which must be completed and grades reported by start of program:
- Human Anatomy and physiology lectures and labs (2 semesters or 3 quarters) - no more than five years old
- Microbiology lecture only (1 semester or quarter) - no more than five years old
- Statistics - 1 semester or quarter
NOTE: It is recommended that you upload a completed pre-requisite plan form to your online application if you have taken any courses you believe meet a pre-requisite course requirement.
- Graduate application (online)
- Essay describing motivation for nursing career and ability for 20 months of full-time study. Specific instructions are in the online application
- Three references (see online application)
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
A personal interview may be required.
*Submit the prerequisite plan form in the application for pre-requisite courses not pre-approved. Strong candidates may be offered admission prior to prerequisite course completion. All admitted students MUST complete and submit grades for ALL prerequisite courses by the week prior to the start of classes which falls in mid-August each year.
International students: Contact the Office of the Graduate School regarding additional requirements.