Remote Career Resources
THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY CAREER DEVELOPMENT OFFICE IS COMMITTED TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS.
We understand that during this time of remote learning and uncertainty due to COVID-19, many students and alumni have questions and concerns about how their job, internship, and graduate school plans will be impacted. Below is a compiled list of helpful resources as you navigate the steps ahead.
The Career Development team will conduct all appointments and drop-ins virtually. Schedule an appointment in Handshake and instructions will be provided to meet via Zoom.
- Remote Learning Career Tips & FAQs
- Short videos on a variety of topics, including job searching during COVID-19, LinkedIn, resumes, and more.
- Remote Summer Resources
- Career Resources for Parents & Families
- Remote Employer Resources
- Virtual career fairs, networking events, and employer information sessions
- Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky Virtual Networking Event (for educators and those seeking positions within an education setting)
HELPFUL HANDSHAKE ARTICLES
- How to make the most of a remote internship
- How to make a good impression in a virtual interview
- Four tips from a recruiter on how to get a job online as a college student
- How to get a job on Handshake (FAQ)
- How to get an internship on a short timeline
- 500 Companies Hiring Students on Handshake Right Now - Handshake
- Paid Micro-Internship Opportunities - Parker-Dewey
- Candor.co - user-generated list of companies that have hiring freezes and layoffs
- Here's who's hiring right now - LinkedIn
- Hiring now: Companies have jobs to fill despite the coronavirus pandemic - FOX19
- Companies Hiring During Coronavirus - The Muse
ADDITIONAL ONLINE RESOURCES
- Graduating in the Age of COVID-19 - Senior Student Guide put together by The Washington Center
- What Does the Coronavirus Pandemic Mean for Your Job Search? - The Muse
- What To Do If The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cancels Your Summer Internship - Forbes