Remote Career Resources
THE XAVIER UNIVERSITY CAREER DEVELOPMENT OFFICE IS COMMITTED TO YOUR PROFESSIONAL SUCCESS.
We understand that during this time of remote learning and uncertainty due to COVID-19, many students and alumni have questions and concerns about how their job, internship, and graduate school plans will be impacted. Below is a compiled list of helpful resources as you navigate the steps ahead.
The Career Development team will conduct all appointments virtually. Schedule an appointment in Handshake and instructions will be provided to meet via Zoom.
- Remote Learning Career Tips & FAQs
- Short videos on a variety of topics, including job searching during COVID-19, LinkedIn, resumes, and more.
- Remote Summer Resources, including Free Skill Development Resources.
- Career Resources for Parents & Families
- Virtual career fairs, networking events, and employer information sessions
- Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky Virtual Networking Event (for educators and those seeking positions within an education setting)
HELPFUL HANDSHAKE ARTICLES
- How to make the most of a remote internship
- How to make a good impression in a virtual interview
- Four tips from a recruiter on how to get a job online as a college student
- How to get a job on Handshake (FAQ)
- How to get an internship on a short timeline
- 500 Companies Hiring Students on Handshake Right Now - Handshake
- Paid Micro-Internship Opportunities - Parker-Dewey
- Candor.co - user-generated list of companies that have hiring freezes and layoffs
- Here's who's hiring right now - LinkedIn
- Hiring now: Companies have jobs to fill despite the coronavirus pandemic - FOX19
- Companies Hiring During Coronavirus - The Muse
ADDITIONAL ONLINE RESOURCES
- Graduating in the Age of COVID-19 - Senior Student Guide put together by The Washington Center
- What Does the Coronavirus Pandemic Mean for Your Job Search? - The Muse
- What To Do If The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Cancels Your Summer Internship - Forbes