- M.B.A. (Xavier University - Class of 2013)
- Master of Divinity (Athenaeum of Ohio)
- M.A. in Biblical Studies (Athenaeum of Ohio)
- Shadle, Joseph P. , Elaine Crable, and Hema Krishnan.
- Shadle, Joseph P. “Advancing Mission through Digital Resources.” A Mission Officer Handbook: Collaborating with Partners: Volume 2. (2015) Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities: Washington D.C.
- Shadle, Joseph P. and Mooney, Debra K. “Understanding Our Heritage, Living the Mission: A seminar for student leaders.” Connections Magazine. (May 2013).
- Shadle, Joseph P. “Why Don’t I Have Time to Read This?: Stress Management in Ministry.” Readings for Effective Catechetical Leaders. (2004). NCEA: Washington D.C.
Joe serves as Director of Xavier’s Center for Mission and Identity and Founding Director of Xavier’s Institute for Ignatian Spirituality and Leadership. He works with Xavier’s advisory boards, faculty, staff and administrators helping them integrate principles of Ignatian spirituality and Jesuit education to their positions within the University. In addition, he coordinates Xavier’s participation in national mission-focused initiatives and oversees the development of digital and print resources that support the university's educational mission.
In 2015, he was appointed by Xavier's President, Fr. Michael J. Graham, SJ, as the first 'convener' of the President's Diversity and Inclusion Action and Advisory Council. His recent article Advancing Mission through Digital Resources was published in the Association of Catholic Colleges and Universities' A Mission Officer Handbook: Collaborating with Partners. Additionally, Joe is an adjunct faculty member of Xavier's Williams College of Business teaching a course on Spirituality and Leadership.
Joe supports the work of the AJCU, serving as online coordinator for the Ignatian Colleagues Program. In that role, he develops the online curriculum which serves as the foundation for forming senior administrators and faculty throughout the 28 Jesuit colleges and universities in the United States.
Prior to coming to Xavier, Joe served as Pastoral Associate for St. John Fisher Catholic Church and taught at the Athenaeum of Ohio. He has been an adjunct professor at Thomas More College since 2003 teaching Understanding the Old Testament, Understanding the New Testament, and World Religions of the West: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. In 2016 he was chosen as the Thomas More College Part-time Outstanding Teacher of the Year. He is a popular speaker specializing in scripture, education, leadership and spirituality.
In 2008, Joe was nominated for the JASPA Ignatian Medal for New Professionals in Jesuit Student Affairs. He was appointed by Archbishop Pilarczyk to the Archdiocesan Lay Ecclesial Ministry Task Force from 2003-2008, to the Archdiocese of Cincinnati Worship Commission from 1999-2005 and to the Committee on Recruitment/Retention of Lay Ministers from 2001-2004. In 1997, he was presented with the Award for Educational Excellence from the National Association of Parish Catechetical Directors.
He currently chairs the CPE Advisory Committee at Children's Hospital Medical Center in Cincinnati.