How do I make a payment on my bursar account?
There are several different ways to make a payment on your bursar account and they are listed below. Before you read the rest of the answer to this question, however, keep in mind that in order to make a payment to a student's bursar account, you must either be the student or an Authorized User. Authorized Users are created by the student. For more information, see information on Authorized Users.
Please note that we encourage all of our students/parents to pay online. Not only is this the most efficient and secure way to post a payment to your bursar account, but it also helps us hold down our processing costs. We appreciate your support of our online payment process.
Ways to pay:
- Electronic Check: We accept electronic checks (eChecks). If you pay by eCheck, there are no additional fees associated with your transaction. You will need your bank's routing number and your checking/savings account number. Click here if you would like to pay by eCheck. [If the student's bursar account balance becomes a credit balance (over-paid) as a result of an eCheck payment being posted to the account, the overpayment will be refunded once 15 business days have elapsed from the posting date of the eCheck.]
- Credit Card: We accept credit cards (VISA, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover). If you pay by credit card, there is a convenience fee associated with your transaction. You will be prompted, in advance of completing your transaction, with the amount of the convenience fee associated with your payment. This convenience fee will be reflected on your normal credit card invoice; it will appear as "CASHNet SmartPay - Xavier." You will need the information found on your credit card to complete this transaction. Click here if you would like to pay by credit card.
- U.S. Mail and Overnight Delivery: Here are the steps to follow if you decide to pay your bursar account by check, money order, or Cashier's Check.
- Using your computer's printer, please print the remittance stub found on your eBill. You may have to scroll down to a subsequent page to see the stub.
- Detach the remittance stub as indicated by the dashed line.
- Make your check, money order, or Cashier's Check payable to Xavier University.
- Place your remittance stub and your check, money order, or Cashier's Check in an envelope.
- Prior to adding postage to your envelope or taking your payment to an overnight delivery service, are you sure that you don't want to pay online by electronic check (eCheck)? It's faster, efficient and more secure. There are no additional fees to pay by eCheck and it saves you the expense of postage. If you've changed your mind and do want to pay via eCheck, click here.
- If you decided not to pay by eCheck, mail your check, money order, or Cashier's Check to:
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-3361
- Domestic Bank Wire: Contact the Bursar's Office for wiring information. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, our phone number is 513-745-3435, and we are located in the Musketeer Mezzanine in Fenwick Place.
- International Bank Wire: Xavier University has partnered with peerTransfer in order to streamline international payments. peerTransfer allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, generally in your home currency. By making your payment with peerTransfer you can:
To get started, click or go to xavier.peertransfer.com to begin the payment process. You can also learn more by visiting our international payments page.
- Track your payments from start to finish
- Save on bank fees and exchange rates in over 48 countries
- Access multilingual support team with any questions, day or night
Note: You must have your Xavier University issued student ID number to make a payment.
- In Person: Payments are received in the Bursar's Office, located in the Musketeer Mezzanine in Fenwick Place. Our office hours are Monday through Friday, excluding holidays, from 8:30a.m. until 5:00p.m.
Be sure to put your student ID number on your check or money order and include the remittance stub from the eBill.
Please note: If the student's bursar account balance becomes a credit balance (over-paid) as a result of a check or eCheck payment being posted to the account, the overpayment will be refunded once 15 business days have elapsed from the posting date of the check or eCheck.