Transfer Scholarships and Grants
Xavier offers more than $1 million in grants and scholarships for transfer students.
Special scholarship opportunities for transfer students include the following:
- Transfer Scholarship
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- Transfer Achievement Award
- Grants & Other Resources
All transfer students who maintain a minimum college grade point average (GPA) of 2.50 will be considered for a transfer scholarship, as long as full-time enrollment is maintained while at Xavier University. The value of the scholarship for 2018-2019 academic year ranged from $7,000 to $17,000 per year or $3,500 to $8,500 per semester for up to seven semesters of undergraduate studies. This scholarship is renewable with a minimum GPA of 3.00 while at Xavier University.
To apply and be eligible for the Transfer Scholarship, you must:
- Be admitted to Xavier University as a full-time degree-seeking student for the fall or spring semester. (This scholarship does not apply to summer enrollment or the Accelerated Degree Completion Program for adult students.)
- Transfer a minimum of 12 semester hours of credit to Xavier with a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or better.
Transfer students who are enrolled at a community college and who are members of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) International Honor Society and maintained a minimum college GPA of 3.25
- Be admitted as a full-time student to Xavier University from a two-year institution.
- Submit a transcript with the PTK notification. Priority is given to students with an associate degree.
- Be admitted to Xavier University as a full-time degree-seeking student for the fall or spring semester. (This scholarship does not apply to summer enrollment or students in the Accelerated Degree Completion Program)
The Transfer Achievement Award is offered to students with a minimum college GPA of 2.50-2.99. The value of this award was $9,000 per year or $4,500 per semester for the 2018-2019 academic year. Students must maintain good academic standing to renew this award.
Transfer students who meet criteria are awarded one of the following: Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship, Transfer Scholarship or Transfer Achievement Award. We do not stack our scholarships.
The Office of Student Financial Services carefully reviews each individual financial situation for transfer students. Students with a very low Expected Family Contribution (EFC) may also qualify for federal or state grants. Information about them can be found here. Transfer students also can explore other outside resources.
If you are a recruit for one of our 18 Division I athletic teams, your recruiting coach will provide you with options for an athletic grant in aid for your respective sport.
Transfer students who are relatives of Edgecliff alumni (sons, daughters, brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, and grandchildren) will receive consideration for an Edgecliff Alumni Award. Grants are renewable for four years if the student maintains full-time status and a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0. Award amounts are determined annually.
The University offers Army ROTC scholarships. For more information, contact Mr. Chris Rowland, Recruiting & Operations Office, at 513-745-1066 or send him an email.