Creating a Path to a Major and/or a Career
Deciding upon a Major and/or a Career Path can be challenging. A variety of advisors and offices are available to assist you on this journey. The following are suggestions for creating your own path to a Major and/or a Career..
- Begin identifying your values, interests, and skills
- Explore various academic disciplines as areas of study
- Attend various workshops and remember important dates.
- Connect with practice oriented experiences that help you gain the skills and confidence in a work environment, like an on campus job, internship, etc.
- Find a Mentor with professionals in a field of interest
For more information and resources, visit:
Academic Advising: Website, Scheduling an appointment with an advisor
Career Development Office: Website, Scheduling an appointment with an career coach, First & Second Year Planning Guide, Junior & Senior Year Planning Guide