Resource and Referral
The Women's Center provides information and access to vital resources that enhance and advance the success of the Xavier University community. We provide resources directly to individuals and groups, as well as provide referrals to other campus and community departments and agencies to support a person’s needs.
Primarily, we emphasize the following areas of resource provision:
- Assisting students and employees with resume writing and review.
- Discussing future goals for vocations and/or graduate schools.
- Advance the people of Xavier University professionally by examining degree and non-degree education options.
- Consult with professors to enhance course content with regards to women, girls and gender.
- Provide co-curricular opportunities to expand classroom learning into the community.
- Support student research explorations of topics that center women, girls, and/or gender.
- Support student research presentations at national, regional, and local conferences.
Personal Wellness Assistance
- Provide information about Xavier University Advocate Program.
- Advocates are available in the Women's Center Monday-Friday from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM.
- Provide assistance and referrals for life/work issues.
The Xavier University Women's Center works with numerous campus offices and agencies throughout the community to respond to resource requests.