THE PHIL AND BETH GASIEWICZ STUDY ABROAD SCHOLARSHIP FOR BUSINESS STUDENTS
The Gasiewicz Scholarship was established to help business students gain international experience through study abroad or international internships. Awardees will receive $750-1500 to help offset the cost of studying abroad in approved programs. These funds may be used for tuition and/or travel-related expenses. Normally, 8-10 undergraduate scholarships will be awarded each year.
- Applicants must be applying to or have been accepted into a study abroad program for academic credit
- Students must be full-time students majoring in business
- Students must have a GPA of 2.5 or better
- Programs that focus on the study of international business are preferred—although all programs are eligible
- Study Abroad Approval form must be submitted (before funds will be distributed)
- Students must be willing to complete a post-trip survey, essay on their experience and thank-you letter to the Gasiewicz family.
- Personal essay
- Faculty Reference/Recommendation (forms available)
- Study abroad program details
- Personal resume (optional)
- Interest in study abroad and learning about different cultures/countries
- Ability to show how studying abroad will enhance your business knowledge/career potential
- Level of maturity and personal integrity
- Applications available mid-September.
- Deadline is October 23.
- Awards will be announced the first week of November.
- Applications and Reference Forms are available in WCB Undergraduate Office (120A Smith Hall)