Management Student Club
Our mission is to provide insight into possible management career paths, to help establish business contacts in the Cincinnati area, and to encourage development of leadership skills within the Jesuit tradition.
- Guest Speakers: Bring in top corporate executive speakers who possess expertise and experience in the field of management.
- Networking: Pair members with business contacts in the community for the purpose of establishing relationships that will be beneficial: Presently and in the future.
- Leadership: Provide various opportunities for members to actively participate in club operations and hosted events.
- President: The President will be responsible for all facets of the society. This person will serve as the public face for the society in regards to student, faculty, alumni, and business contact relations. The President will be of junior or senior status at the university with a cumulative G.P.A of at least 3.0 and will be required to have a concentration in one of the following disciplines: Business Administration (MGMT), Finance, Accounting, Economics, International Business, or Human Resources.
This person will be obligated to effectively work with members of the cabinet (Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary) as well as the committee chairperson. The President will empower members of the society to take leadership roles within the organization and will delegate society responsibilities to ensure these leadership opportunities are available.
- Vice President: The Vice President of the Society is primarily in charge of obtaining guest speakers from various prestigious companies in and around the Greater Cincinnati area. Furthermore, the Vice President serves as assistant to the President, and attends various meetings and events with, or in the place of, the President.
- Secretary: The Secretary will keep track of the proceedings of every meeting, notify members of upcoming events, and organize/update membership forms. This person will also maintain a record of all official documents pertaining to the society.
- Public Relations Coordinator: The Public Relations Coordinator will be responsible for generating publicity for the Xavier University Management Club by acting as a liaison between the Xavier University administration, faculty, staff and students, in order to benefit the organization and members of the club itself.
- Event: The Event Committee will support the overall layout and running of society events. This committee will have an elected chairman who will report through the society officers. Events that will be supported by this committee could include luncheons, dinners, and various other speaker events.
- Fundraising: The Fundraising Committee will support the overall finances of the society. Specifics may include brainstorming, planning, and executing fundraising events. This committee will have an elected chairman who will report through the Treasurer of the society.
- Philanthropy: The Fundraising Committee will support the overall finances of the society. Specifics may include brainstorming, planning, and executing fundraising events. This committee will have an elected chairman who will report through the society officers.
- Bi-weekly meetings: Meetings will take place bi-weekly (every other week) on Tuesdays at 9:00 P.M in Albers 103. At these meetings, the society will discuss upcoming events, bring in speakers, and present opportunities for internships and jobs.
- Networking Dinner: The networking dinner will serve as an opportunity to network with Cincinnati professionals. The society will invite a distinguished speaker to address the society, as well as invite representatives from Cincinnati companies and Xavier Williams College of Business faculty to network with society members. The details of this event will be announced at a later date.
- Society Events: The society will also host other society events, fundraising, and community service opportunities. Look for updates at a later date.
For more information on events, please contact George Gordon, club advisor, at firstname.lastname@example.org.