For the graduating class of 2008, 95 percent of Williams College of Business (WCB) graduates and 100 percent of information systems graduates were either employed full-time or enrolled in a graduate program within 90 days of graduation. Average starting salary for 2008 information systems graduates: $48,778.
Graduates in information systems find professional career opportunities in a wide variety of fields, providing technology solutions to benefit all types of organizations. IS professionals develop code for business transaction processing systems, client/server systems or end-user support systems; they also implement such systems in languages as COBOL, C++, Visual Basic or JAVA. IS graduates also design and administer databases and data warehouses, analyze and implement enterprise-wide solutions to information problems and manage telecommunications efforts. Some IS graduates implement and manage corporate-wide Intranets.
Recent graduates have been hired for such positions as:
- Business analyst, systems analyst, Fifth ThirdBank
- Consultant, Deloitte & Touche
- Corporate operations associate, National City
- Network systems database administrator, CTI Clinical Trial and Consulting Services
- Programmer, Western Southern
- Solution delivery consultant, Cerner
- Systems analyst, The Kroger Company, Procter & Gamble, IRS/U.S. Treasury Department
Information systems majors also choose to pursue graduate study at prestigious institutions nationwide.