Human resources focuses on all the activities of an organization, business or firm that relate to the workforce. These activities include employment and labor laws and regulations, arbitration and dispute resolution, collective bargaining, compensation and benefits, performance incentives and employee rating, labor turnover, physically challenged employees, and human resources development.
By studying human resource management, you will:
- Critically analyze human resources issues from theoretical, institutional and ethical perspectives.
- Obtain well-rounded professional training to develop an integrated package of skill-sets and insights to help you succeed in today's business world.
- Be prepared to make positive contributions to the profession, your workplace, your community and to society.
Our faculty is active in research and have been published in the following journals:
- Academy of Management Journal
- Business Communications Quarterly
- Business Horizons
- Business and Society
- IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management
- Journal of Business Ethics
- Journal of Business Research
- Journal of Knowledge Management
- Journal of Management Education
- Journal of Management Studies
- Journal of Small Business Management
- Journal of Small Business Strategy
- Oxford University Press
- Strategic Management Journal
- Thunderbird International Business Review