Finance is the study of three interrelated areas:
- Managerial finance, which deals with financial decisions within the firm.
- Investments, which involve the decisions of individuals and institutions as they select assets for their investment portfolios.
- Money and capital markets, which focus on how firms affect and are affected by the financial markets.
By studying finance, you will:
- Learn the concepts, skills and techniques necessary for planning, raising funds, making investments and controlling costs.
- Apply analytical skills to identify problems, propose and evaluate solutions, and ultimately make management decisions.
- Be prepared for a professional career in the finance field in for-profit companies and non-profit organizations.