The Department of Finance offers the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) in Finance. In addition to traditional studies, finance majors at Xavier:
- Take advantage of internships at leading companies and organizations, including AK Steel Corp., F.W. Scripps, Federal Home Loan Bank of Cincinnati, Fifth Third Bank, General Electric, Morgan Stanley, Prudential Financial Inc., Raymond James & Associates, Smith Barney, Total Quality Logistics Tri-Star Imports, Inc., and USB Financial Services Inc.
- Get matched with an Executive Mentor, who works with the student for his or her four years at Xavier to provide professional guidance, networking support and career connections. Xavier is one of the first schools in the nation to offer this type of mentor program.
- Become involved in Xavier’s Finance Club, which offers a variety of student activities: featuring guest speakers from the business community, hosting fundraisers, and offering annual trips to the Chicago Board of Trade and the New York Stock Exchange.
Students also are able to obtain hands-on experience by managing real portfolios as part of these opportunities:
- D'Artagnan Capital Fund (DCF): Investments-focused students participate in the DCF and make investment decisions; undergraduate and MBA teams each manage $1 million of Xavier’s endowment, including developing investment objectives and policies, identifying investment strategies for trading securities, and monitoring and reporting portfolio performance. To learn more about the DCF, please see it's website at http://www.xavier.edu/williams/equity-fund/
- Xavier Corporate Finance Immersion (XCFI): Corporate-focused students participate in the XCFI and develop in-depth analyses of the financial and competitive positions of select local companies.