Our Plan for Economics Majors
At Xavier, we focus on:
- Three Programs: We have majors in Economics: A&S, Economics: Business and Modern Language & International Economics: A&S.
- Strong Elective Courses: We focus on Economic Policy, Business Economics and PhD Preparatory.
- Xavier Economics Internship Program.
- Advisory Board Research Scholars Program: Each year, two seniors receive a $2000 scholarship and work on a research project with a faculty member.
- Small group lunches: freshman & juniors meet with faculty while sophomores & seniors meet with advisory board members.
- Small group lunches with Advisory Board Members: Sophomores and Seniors meet with Advisory Board members.
- Advisory board mentor for Juniors.
- Active Xavier Economics Association: features speakers, trips and career events.
And one more thing we think is important: Updating
Each year, Advisory Board members and Economics faculty evaluate student presentations and papers of graduating Economics majors, and meet to update the program.
Points of Distinction: What makes the Xavier program unique?
- You will be provided Economics mentors from our Advisory Board.
- You will benefit from the guidance of a business professional and enjoy a number of networking opportunities.
- You will have an opportunity to apply for a Xavier Economics Internship and Advisory Board Research Scholarship.
- A number of companies in the region exclusively interview our juniors for internships in Economics.
- You will take classes in a program that is annually updated.
- We work with our Advisory Board each spring and summer to update our program for the next year.