Graduates in accounting find professional career opportunities in a wide variety of areas. For the graduating class of 2008, 95 percent of Williams College of Business (WCB) graduates and 100 percent of accounting graduates were either employed full-time or enrolled in a graduate program within 90 days of graduation. Average starting salary for 2008 accounting graduates: $48,243.
The following are among the positions held by recent accounting majors:
- Auditor positions with Ernst & Young, and Deloitte & Touche
- Tax associate positions with Grant Thornton; KPMG
- Regulatory auditor, U.S. Department of Homeland Security
- Staff accountant positions with Barnes Denning & Company; Cohen & Company; Jennison Associates; Rippe & Kingston
- CPA project manager, estimator, Indiana Steel Fabricating, Inc.
- Accounting majors also may choose to continue on to graduate study at prestigious institutions around the country.