These are the basis of an educational experience hallmarked by a high degree of flexibility and responsiveness to the scheduling and developmental needs of students. Courses are offered for two or three credit hours. Three credit hour courses meet for 16 weeks while two credit hour courses meet for seven weeks, thus allowing students the flexibility of completing three classes during the semester, but only attending two nights a week.
The total number of credit hours required to complete the MBA program varies from a minimum of 39 hours (all foundation skills waived with a general business concentration) to a maximum of 47 hours (all foundation skills and a 12 credit hour concentration).
The curriculum of the MBA program for working professionals consists of five components:
Ensure a solid foundation in traditional business disciplines and provide understanding of the business environment. These courses are prerequisites for core MBA courses and must be completed before taking the advanced studies. All foundation skills may be waived by successful completion of a waiver exam.
Please visit the Current Student section of our website to obtain waiver exam study guides.
- ACCT 500 Foundations of Financial Accounting (2)
- STAT 500 Business Statistics (3)
Emphasize the integration of skills applied to complex business decisions.
- ACCT 550 Managerial Accounting (3)
- BLAW 550 Business Law and Ethics (3)
- BUAD 550 International Business (3) or other approved International Course
- ECON 550 Managerial Economics (3)
- FINC 550 Fundamentals of Finance (3)
- INFO 550 Business Information Systems (3)
- MGMT 550 Stratagey and Organizations (3)
- MGMT 551 Operational Analysis (3)
- MKTG 550 Marketing Strategy (3)
Capstone Course Options
Develops students' ability to integrate information from the integrated functions and business and systems skills courses. All other required courses must be completed before taking the Capstone course. (It is taken during the final semester of study.) It draws upon knowledge gained for finding effective solutions to multi-faceted business challenges.
- BUAD 690 Corporate Governance (3)
- BUAD 691 Global Strategic Thinking (3)
- BUAD 694 Bond Portfolio Management (3)
In-depth studies into areas such as Business Administration, Business Intelligence, Finance, International Business, Marketing, Pricing Strategy and Values Based Leadership.