Finding an Internship
Attend the "Finding an Internship" Workshop
All sophomores in the Williams College of Business are required to attend the "Finding an Internship" workshop as part of the Business Profession Program. This workshop addresses internship searching using various resources, includes those unique to the Williams College of Business. Juniors or seniors who have not attended this workshop are encouraged to do so.
MBA students are encouraged to attend Professional Development Center workshops relating to job search strategies.
Search eRecruiting (Xavier's internal, electronic job board)
Xavier University's Career Services Center and the Williams College of Business' Professional Development Center post approved internship opportunities to Xavier's job board, eRecruiting. All students have an account created for them their first semester at Xavier. To use eRecruiting, go to the eRecruiting website and log on with your username and password.
Your username is your 9 digit Banner ID (starts with 000) followed by "xu", ex:000123456xu.
Your default password is "jobs".
Once you are on eRecruiting:
- Complete your student profile. This information is critical in assisting the WCB in identifying and qualifying you for certain positions.
- Upload your resume so that you can post it to resume books, the Experience Network and use it to apply to internship postings.
- Search for internships using the one-click search function on the home page entitled "Current Internships/Co-ops".
- Apply and sign up for interviews online. The entire campus posting and recruiting process can be done from your desktop.
- Prepare for interviews by performing company research and reviewing interviewing tips and best practices.
- Check eRecruiting weekly, as employers post new positions throughout the semester. A desirable position could post at any time and being proactive gives you one more advantage to getting a job. Remember: Employers on eRecruiting specifically want to hire Xavier students.
- Reference the Student Guide for additional information on navigating this site.
Visit the WCB Career Resources & Professional Development Center Website
Undergraduates may access job search tools such as CareerShift, Going Global, NACElink, Vault and other helpful resource via the WCB Career Resources Page.
MBAs may access online resources via the Professional Development Center site.
- Network with your family, friends, and faculty. Sometimes they know about opportunities before it's posted.
- LinkedIn is a great tool to build your network.
- Attend the various networking opportunities offered by the PDC and WCB academic departments.
- Go to Xavier's Fall & Spring Career Fairs.
- Read the Professional Development Center weekly emails for updates.
- Visit these job boards: www.indeed.com, www.idealist.org (non-profits) and www.usajobs.gov (government).
- Review the Internship Search Checklist
Once You Secure an Internship
- Complete the Internship Tracking Form.
- If eligible, apply for academic credit. Instructions and forms are available here or schedule an appointment with Sarah Brinker-Good.