Financial Aid (GI Bill and Voc Rehab)
In order for current students to utilize their VA Education Benefits (GI Bill or Vocational Rehabilitation), students must complete the VA Education Benefits Enrollment Request Form. Please complete this form ONCE FOR EVERY SEMESTER when notifying the Center for Veterans Affairs of your intention to use VA Education Benefits AFTER you schedule courses.
You are welcome to meet with the Veterans Advisor/GI Bill Certifying Official, Brad Fittes, with any questions or concerns you may have related to your education benefits and/or class schedule.
The Center for Veterans Affairs provides academic advising to all students associated with the office, including Veterans, Active Duty Service members, Reserve or Guard Service members and Dependents. Academic advising services include:
- Course recommendations for the Core
- Major exploration based upon values, interests, strengths and career goals
- Information about the process to change a major or add a major/minor
- Review and interpretation of degree audits and transfer credit reports through DegreeWorks
- Campus and community resources recommendations and referrals
- Provide information to help students prepare for an appointment with their primary academic advisor in their academic department
Available advising hours:
- Monday through Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm
- Walk-in Hours Tuesday 9:00-11:00am and Thursday 1:00-3:00pm
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month: 11:00am-7:00p (by appointment ONLY after 4:30PM)
If you make any schedule changes after you have submitted the VA Education Benefits Enrollment Request Form to Brad Fittes, please contact Brad via email at email@example.com or phone at 513-745-3688 to notify him of any changes.
Changes in course registration after enrollment certification has been submitted to the VA may result in the delay and/or retroactive loss of benefits unless the VA finds mitigating circumstances precipitated the change. Loss/reduction of benefits could revert back to the first day of the term.