This program assists Veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs. For Veterans with service-connected disabilities so severe that they cannot immediately consider work, this program offers services to improve their ability to live as independently as possible.
If you are eligible and would like to apply for these benefits:
- Apply for Vocational Rehabilitation.
- Develop an Individual Written Rehabilitation Plan with your Vocational Rehabilitation counselor.
- Apply to Xavier University.
- Request that your Vocational Rehabilitation counselor provide the Veterans Advisor, Brad Fittes, with a copy of VA Form 28-1905 Authorization and Certification of Entrance or Reentrance Into Rehabilitation and Certification of Status. This form can be sent via fax to 513-745-3055.
- Upon being admitted to Xavier, schedule an appointment with the Veterans Advisor, Brad Fittes, to schedule courses (undergraduate students only). Graduate students should contact their program director or academic department for guidance on scheduling courses.
- After you have scheduled courses, complete the VA Education Benefits Enrollment Request Form. You will complete this form each semester you intend to use your benefits AFTER you schedule courses.
- If you have previously used VA Education benefits at another university/college, please complete VA Form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training. Return a copy of this form to the Veterans Advisor, Brad Fittes, at firstname.lastname@example.org.