Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
This chapter is the Post-Montgomery GI Bill for Active Duty. This allows for up to 36 months of benefits.
Should you be eligible please:
- Apply to Xavier University.
- Apply on the VONAPP. Once your application for VA Education benefits has been approved by the VA, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility via US mail.
- Email the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Veterans Advisor, Brad Fittes at email@example.com.
- Upon being admitted to Xavier, schedule an appointment with the Veterans Advisor, Brad Fittes, to schedule courses.
- After you have scheduled courses, complete the VA Education Benefits Enrollment Request Form. You will complete this form each semester you intend to use your benefits AFTER you schedule courses.
- If you have previously used VA Education benefits at another university/college, please complete VA Form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training. Return a copy of this form to the Veterans Advisor, Brad Fittes, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Verify your enrollment with the Veterans Administration through the WAVE system; you will be expected to do this each month you are enrolled in courses. This is required to receive your monthly payment.