Montgomery GI Bill - Active Duty
This chapter is the Post-Montgomery GI Bill for Active Duty. This allows for up to 36 months of benefits.
Should you be eligible please:
- Apply to Xavier University.
- Apply on the VONAPP. Once your application for VA Education benefits has been approved by the VA, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility via US mail.
- Email the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to the Veterans Advisor, Brad Fittes at email@example.com.
- Upon being admitted to Xavier, schedule an appointment with the Veterans Advisor, Brad Fittes, to schedule courses (undergraduate students only). Graduate students should contact their program director or academic department for guidance on scheduling courses.
- After you have scheduled courses, complete the VA Education Benefits Enrollment Request Form. You will complete this form each semester you intend to use your benefits AFTER you schedule courses.
- If you have previously used VA Education benefits at another university/college, please complete VA Form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training.
- Verify your enrollment with the Veterans Administration through the WAVE system; you will be expected to do this each month you are enrolled in courses. This is required to receive your monthly payment.