Selected Service MGIB-SR
In order to be eligible for these benefits you must be a member of the Selected Reserve: Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. Your specific Selected Reserve component will determine if you are eligible for benefits which include up to 36 months of educational benefits.
- Apply to Xavier University.
- Request and fill out a DD Form 2384-1, Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE) with your guard or reserve unit.
- Apply on the VONAPP. Once your application for VA Education benefits has been approved by the VA, you will receive a Certificate of Eligibility (COE) via US mail.
- Email the COE and NOBE to the Veterans Advisor, Brad Fittes at email@example.com.
- Upon being admitted to Xavier, schedule an appointment with the Veterans Advisor, Brad Fittes, to schedule courses (undergraduate students only). Graduate students should contact their program director or academic department for guidance on scheduling courses.
- After you have scheduled courses, complete the VA Education Benefits Enrollment Request Form. You will complete this form each semester you intend to use your benefits AFTER you schedule courses.
- If you have previously used VA Education benefits at another university/college, please complete VA Form 22-1995 Request for Change of Program or Place of Training. Return a copy of this form to the Veterans Advisor, Brad Fittes, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Verify your enrollment with the Veterans Administration through the WAVE system; you will be expected to do this each month you are enrolled in courses. This is required to receive your monthly payment.