Selected Service MGIB-SR
In order to be eligible for these benefits you must be a member of the Selected Reserve: Army Reserve, Navy Reserve, Air Force Reserve, Marine Corps Reserve and Coast Guard Reserve, and the Army National Guard and the Air National Guard. Your specific Selected Reserve component will determine if you are eligible for benefits which include up to 36 months of educational benefits.
- Apply to Xavier University.
- Request and fill out a DD Form 2384-1, Notice of Basic Eligibility from your unit.
- Once approved, make sure your program is approved for VA training.
- Complete the VA Form 22-1990, Application for Education Benefits form.
- Submit this form to your VA Regional Office in the state where you will train. If you are unsure of your Regional Office, ask your Operations Office.
- Upon acceptance by Xavier, email Advisor (Patricia Meyer) at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about your class options.
- Email Certificate of Eligibility and Class Schedule to Financial Aid Officer (Laura Stith) email@example.com
- Email the Assistant Director of Veterans Affairs (Chris Klug) at firstname.lastname@example.org to inform him that you have completed the application process.