Learn with University Communications
Every week, the Office of University Communications will host a Marketing Open House where those who need assistance with small projects, web updates, social media inquiries or more can stop by our Open House to get immediate attention. Days and times vary to offer a range of options for campus colleagues. See below for details.
University Communications will also host learning sessions each semester to discover more about social media, web updates, content creation, as well as providing individuals with a general communications toolkit. All are welcome. See website for topics, details, and registration.
Marketing Open House dates (Fall 2014)
All Open House programs take place in the Surkamp Family Conference Room, 1st floor, Alumni Center.
No registration is needed for weekly Open House programs. All are welcome.
- Tuesday, August 12, 3:00 – 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 20, 10:30 a.m. – Noon
- Tuesday, August 26, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 3, 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 10, 2:30 – 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 17, 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, September 23, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 2, 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, October 7, 11:00 – 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 15 1:00 - 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, October 23, 10:30 – Noon
- Wednesday, October 29, 10:30 – Noon
- Tuesday, November 4, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 12, 1:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 18, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
- Monday, November 24, 2:00 - 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 2, 11:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 11, 10:30 a.m. – Noon
- Tuesday, December 16, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
Throughout the year, members of Xavier's University Communications team will offer special learning opportunities in which team members will share insight and information about certain communications topics. All are welcome but registration is required for space purposes.
The ultimate first step or refresher program for University communicators. If your role has anything to do with marketing or communications, you will want to attend this session. Team members will share the latest information about services for campus communicators including our work, self-service templates, branding information, and messaging points for use by University faculty and staff.
Designed especially for those who want to discover how to maximize their social media efforts, University Communications team members will share insight into tools like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and more as well as a few tips about advertising, data analysis, and building your network using these platforms.
Updating your website
This session will feature the basics of updating and maintaining your University departmental web site. From adding links to updating content to adding imagery, this session will put anyone at easy who needs to update their site as part of the University role.
Content creation, storytelling, and media relations
From our creative experts, this session offers all University communicators insight into what makes a good story. Whether you are trying to engage your readers online or pitch information to local media, creating good content that tells a compelling story within Xavier's brand framework is a must.