Get ready Xavier students. Open in August 2014, University Station will serve as a major hub of student and community activity. With a new apartment complex for students and the community, multiple dining and retail locations, and corporate office spaces, the University Station project is sure to continue to enhance the opportunities for students just off the traditional University campus.
Phase One is a $54 million, 315,000-square-foot mixed-use development on 15 acres connected by a neighborhood street grid. It includes:
- 11,000 square feet for the new Xavier University bookstore
- a 480-bed, 180-unit apartment complex
- 35,000 square feet of dining and retail space - including Cincinnati's famous Graeter's Ice Cream, Gold Star Chili, Starbucks Coffee, Fat Daddy's Donuts, FroZenYo Frozen Yogurt, and the Digital Doc.
- 40,000 square feet of office space - including TriHealth and CTI.
- 900 additional parking spaces
As Phase One is being built, the development team will be working on the second phase of University Station, which includes significant additional office space, more new retail and possibly a hotel on the remaining 300,000 square feet of property.
University Station in the news
- All for One Shop opens for Xavier students at University Station (WLWT, September 22, 2014)
- University Station adding life to Xavier's campus (Cincinnati Enquirer, August 25, 2014)
- $54 million University Station preview (Cincinnati Business Courier, August 13, 2014)
- Video: University Station creates new destination near Xavier (Cincinnati Business Courier, May 30, 2014)
- Retailers named for University Station (Cincinnati Enquirer, May 8, 2014)
University Station construction web cam
A complete look at the work site can be seen on the Xavier campus map. The area is marked as Mixed Use Development.
(If prompted by your browser, click "Install ActiveX Control" to enable and view the live web cam.)