Xavier wants students who are prepared to be successful academically and to contribute positively to the Xavier community as a whole. Students may submit applications beginning in late summer (before the senior year) for fall or spring semester admission. Decisions will be mailed beginning in October and will continue on a rolling basis within three to four weeks of receiving all required application materials. Decisions are typically made based upon grades earned through the junior year as well as other criteria including the essay, activities and involvement, guidance counselor recommendation and ACT or SAT scores.
- August 1, 2012 - Xavier online application is made available
- December 1, 2012 - Deadline to apply for students who wish to be considered for top competitive scholarships
- January 15, 2013 - Deadline to apply for the Nursing program
- February 1, 2013 - Deadline to apply for the Occupational Therapy program and to be considered for all other scholarships and awards
Please note: The latest possible test dates that meet the Dec. 1 scholarship deadline are Oct. 27, 2012 for the ACT and Nov. 3, 2012 for the SAT.
- Common Online Application - Free
- (Please note: The Common Application indicates an Early Action deadline of December 1. This is the deadline for our competitive scholarships. With the exception of our selective admission programs, Xavier operates on a rolling admission basis).
- Common Paper Application - Requires $35 application fee
- Please include the Common Application Supplement found on the Common Application website.
All First-Year Applicants must submit a complete set of credentials, including:
- Counselor Recommendation Form
- Current, official secondary school transcript
- Results from the SAT (Xavier's code is 1965) and/or the ACT (Xavier's code is 003366)
- Essay (all first-year applicants are required to submit an essay as part of their application; this can be included on the application for admission or a separate document)
- List of activities and awards (should be included on the application for admission or a separate document)
Please mail all documents to:
Office of Admission
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-5131
Scholarship DeadlinesDecember 1, 2012 - Deadline to apply for students who wish to be considered for top competitive scholarships
February 1, 2013 - Deadline to apply to be considered for all other scholarships and awards