- First, students must be accepted for admission. To learn more about admission or to apply, visit Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete the FAFSA as soon as possible. If your FAFSA is received by February 15, you'll receive priority consideration. Xavier University's school code number is 003144. Our FAFSA tips page also provides some helpful information for this process.
- Within seven days of submitting the FAFSA, you'll receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) to review for accuracy. Follow the instructions on the report to approve it or make any corrections.
- If your SAR indicates you're selected for a verification process, please visit our verification help page.
- The Office of Student Financial Assistance will review your SAR and determine the student's financial aid eligibility.
How soon will I know what my financial aid package is?
The Office of Student Financial Assistance will begin sending out financial aid awards in March. We'll send the awards to the student's email address.
You should expect to receive your award notification approximately three weeks after being accepted into a degree program at Xavier and after we have the completed, accurate results of the FAFSA.
How do I find out if I'm eligible?
To be considered for financial aid a student must:
- Be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or other eligible non-citizen of the United States.
- Apply and be accepted for admission into an approved degree-seeking program or teacher-certification program.
- Be making satisfactory academic progress toward the completion of his or her course of study according to the financial aid Standards of Academic Progress.
- Be registered with Selective Service (males only).
- Not be in default on any federal student loans or PLUS loans.
- Not owe a refund on any federal or state education grants.
- Not have been convicted of an offense involving either the possession or sale of illegal drugs.