Exams in Blackboard
Best Practices for Students
- Log directly into Blackboard (http://blackboard.xavier.edu). Do not enter Blackboard via the “ courses” link on the Portal.
- Do not have multiple browser windows or tabs open when taking the exam.
- Do not browse away from the exam once you have opened it.
- Unless it is necessary for test taking, close all other applications when taking the exam.
- Click “Save” on each question answered.
- Do not wander away from your computer, or allow the computer to go to screensaver, sleep, or standby when taking the exam.
- Know the “time out” period for your computer, and manipulate the mouse or the keyboard to avoid exceeding that time limit.
- Be absolutely sure to click “Submit” when you are finished with the exam.
Printable PDF Version