Computers & Equipment
Support For Your Computer
The Connection Center
The Connection Center, located on the main floor of the Conaton Learning Commons, houses the Library Circulation, the Library Research Help, and Technical Support within a single integrated service point, providing technological and informational support for Xavier’s students, faculty and staff.
At the Connection Center Desk we offer complimentary "best effort" technical support available for Xavier students. Service and support includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Device configuration for Xavier email and wireless connectivity
- Xavier internet connectivity issues
- Advice and guidance regarding malware/virus issues and prevention
- Malware and virus removal
- Answers to computer technology questions regarding systems in use on campus
- If you do not know the password of the computer you are bringing in
- There is physical damage to the computer that is the cause of the issue
- There is a hardware error which requires a hardware replacement
The Dell Student Laptop Program
Students who participated in the Dell laptop purchase program will receive additional technical support from the Connection Center over the four-year warranty coverage of their Dell laptop (sign-ups are no longer being accepted for this program). As participants in the program, students are entitled to the following services:
- Complete software restoration for serious problems.
- Full hardware repair.
- Access to a loaner laptop should their computer require a major repair.
Any service that does not fall in to one of the above categories is not supported by the Connection Center and students will be advised to seek remedy and resolution with their equipment vendor.