Transfer Admission Process and Policies
Transfer applicants are evaluated on a rolling basis, with admission decisions for both the fall and spring semesters beginning in September. It is important that you review our admission and scholarship deadlines.
To apply for admission: submit one of the following applications. (The on-line application is free while the paper application requires a $35 non-refundable application fee.)
- Xavier's on-line transfer application
- Xavier's paper application
- The Common Application (paper and online version) - a supplement form is also required and can be found on the Common Application website.
Submit a complete set of credentials, including:
- an official copy of the final secondary school transcript
- official copies of transcripts from all colleges attended
- a listing of all courses for which you are currently enrolled
- results from the SAT (Xavier's code is 1965) and/or the ACT (Xavier's code is 003366) [Note this is only required of students who will transfer fewer than 20 semester hours.]
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-5131
- The rank of advanced standing to which the student will be admitted will depend upon the quality and quantity of the work done in the other regionally accredited institution.
- Credit is given for all academic courses (except co-op and life experience) in which a grade of "C" or better has been received.
- The transfer credit, but not the grade is recorded on the students Xavier transcript.
- At least one-half of the course requirements of the major and the last 30 semester hours must be completed at Xavier University for all undergraduate degrees.
- At least 60 semester hours toward a bachelors degree must be earned in an accredited four-year institution.
- At least one-half of all business courses must be completed at Xavier University for business majors.
- A minimum of 120 semester hours is required for most four-year degrees (excluding business, which requires 125).
- A minimum of 60 semester hours is required for most two-year degrees (excluding business, which requires 65).
- Certain waivers or substitutions apply to students who transfer in 30 or more semester hours.
- Transfer credit from more than 10 years ago may not be applied to major or business core requirements. If the course pertains to the university core curriculum or general electives, it is usually accepted.
- Students who transfer in two credit hours of a three-hour requirement may have the third hour waived in most cases.
Please note that transfer policies are subject to change without notice. Please schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to discuss the most current policies regarding transferring to Xavier University.