A guest/visiting student is a student who is currently or will be attending another university and wishes to take Summer Session classes at Xavier to transfer to his or her home institution, should take the following steps:
- Apply as a non-degree student through the Center for Adult and Part-time Students (CAPS).
- Submit an application online.
- Register for Summer Sessions classes at Xavier either in person, by fax, email or mail-in.
- It is recommended that students have permission from their home institution verifying that the credit will transfer before they register at Xavier.
- You must also fill out a Request for Transcript form and submit it along with the appropriate fee to the office of the registrar at the end of the session. The office of the registrar will forward an official copy of your transcripts to your home institution once the grade has been posted.
- REGISTRATION POLICY: Registration for summer session is final.? Students who register for courses and fail to appear, unless officially withdrawn in accordance with the regulations regarding withdrawals, will receive a vanished failing (VF) grade for their courses and will be charged the regular summer session fees. Withdrawals must be made in writing and submitted to the office through which the registration was processed.?The last day to register for any class is before the second class meeting. Grades of “W” will be recorded for all classes dropped after the 100% refund date.
First Time Student Information
- All Card (Student ID): The All Card is required for ALL students. This card is the official University identification and must be in your possession while on campus. Your All Card provides login access to the MyXU campus portal system, eBills and to the library.
Note: students need to obtain their card as soon as possible. The All Card Office is located in the Musketeer Mezzanine at Fenwick Place. Their office hours are 8:30 am-5:00 pm Monday-Fridays. They can be reached at (513) 745-3374.
- eBills (electronic billing statements): eBills are online invoices that display the billing charges and fees similar to traditional paper statements. The student and any Authorized User(s), created by the student, will receive a monthly email message alerting them that their eBill is available to view and pay. Note: You will not receive a paper bill. Emails regarding eBills will be sent to the students’ Xavier University email accounts and to any Authorized User’s email addresses that students have added to their accounts.
Students can access their eBill through the MyXU Portal. After logging in, they should click on the Student Services tab, go to the My Academic Records channel, and click on the My Bursar Account link, http://www.xavier.edu/bursar/xavierpay.cfm. If you have any questions regarding these instructions, please feel free to call the Bursar’s Office at (513) 745-3435. Note: Unpaid balances may result in the student’s class(es) being cancelled.
- XU ALERT: In order to receive notifications regarding class cancellations or emergency notifications, you will need to set up your XU ALERT ME information on the portal. To learn more, go to http://www.xavier.edu/xualertme
- Books: The Bookstore is located on the 1st floor of the Gallagher Student Center. Their hours are Monday & Tuesday 9:00am-6:00pm, Wednesday & Thursday 9:00am-5:00pm and Friday 9:00am-4:00pm. They will have extended hours at the beginning of each session. You can contact them at (513) 745-3311.
- Parking: Parking is free in the summer. In order to park in the Xavier student lots, you must have a Summer 2013 parking permit on your dashboard. Permits are located in the summer bulletin, the Bookstore, Registrar's Office, Bursar's Office, Center for Adult & Part-Time Students or you may download the form.
- Grades: Once your classes are complete, grades are accessed through the MyXU portal. If you need to request your transcripts to be sent to your home institution, this can be done through the Registrar's Office. Note: Failure to attend class is not sufficient notice to the University of withdrawal. It may result in a punitive grade of VF (Vanished Failing) and no opportunity for a refund.