Commons Apartments - $160/week per person
Registration for Summer 2014 is not yet available. Housing Dates, Pricing & Registration updates will be completed by January 31, 2014.
With suite-style rooms and interior corridors, the Commons offers the look and feel of a residence hall with the independence of a full kitchen, living area and individual bedrtooms. One of the newer residential buildings on campus, the Commons i a convenient, modern living option for summer interns.
There are 62 four bedroom units and eight three bedroom units. There are two full bathrooms in each unit. These units are enclosed, offering interior corridors. For Summer Interns, all bedrooms are single occupancy. Apartments may only be shared by members of the same gender
- Residents: 71 unit complex. Houses summer Interns and some summer school students. All apartments are either all-male or all-female, no mixed gender.
- Rooms: For summer interns, bedrooms are single occupancy. Full occupancy requirement per unit.
Furniture Provided: The bedrooms are fully furnished with: an extra-long bed with minimum storage space under the bed of 12.5". Desk with computer tray and hutch, desk chair (desk top space is 42" wide by 24" deep), and a four-drawer dresser. The living room is furnished with an upholstered sofa, chair, an entertainment shelving unit, one end table, one coffee table, and dining table with four chairs.
Mini blinds and screens are provided.
- Fully equipped kitchen with microwave.
- Bedrooms are individually keyed.
- Outside building doors are kept locked 24 hours per day to ensure security.
- Apartments 116 and 118 are handicapped accessible and wired for hearing impaired.
- Overhead lighting is furnished throughout each unit.
- Ceiling fan in the living room.
- Air conditioned.
- Each unit has a sprinkler system and equipped with a NFPA approved fire extinguisher.
- Data access is provided (wireless and wired connections).
- Campus cable is provided in the living room and each bedroom.
- All utilities included.
- Need to provide own pots, pans, dishes, utensils, etc.
- Conference room on the third floor.
- Large lounges on the 1st and 3rd floors with large screen TVs.
- Drink machine on the 2nd floor.
- Public bathrooms on the 2nd and 4th floors.
- Laundry room and vending on the 1st floor.
- Patio area located off the first-floor lounge.
- Four-Bedroom Room Rates (Summer 2013): Single-One person per bedroom $160/week per person. A note on rental fees: We consider a week to run Sunday through Saturday. Whichever day of the week you move in or out, you will have to pay that entire week's rent.
- Photo gallery of a typical apartment »
|May 11||May 12||May 13||May 14||May 15||May 16||May 17|
If you move in any day during the week May 12 thru May 18 you will pay rent for that entire week. Get the most for your money by moving in on a Sunday or early in the week if it’s at all possible!
|Aug 3||Aug 4||Aug 5||Aug 6||Aug 7||Aug 8||Aug 9|
If you move out any day during the week August 4 thru August 10, you will pay rent for that entire week. Get the most for your money by moving out on a Saturday or late in the week if it’s at all possible!