The Phil and Beth Gasiewicz Study Abroad Scholarship
For Business Students Scholarship to support study abroad/international internships for business students.
The Gasiewicz Scholarship was established to help students gain international business experience through study abroad/international internships. Awardees will receive $750-1500 to help offset the cost of studying abroad in approved programs. Around 10 scholarships are available to business students each year. These funds may be used for tuition and/or travel-related expenses.
- Applicants must be applying to or have been accepted into a study abroad program for academic credit
- Courses must be pre-approved (for undergraduate students)
- Students must be full-time students majoring in business
- Students must be in good academic standing (2.000 GPA or better)
- Programs that focus on the study of international business preferred
- Study Abroad Approval form must be submitted (before funds will be distributed)
- Students must be willing to complete a post-trip survey, essay on their experience and thank-you letter to the Gasiewicz family.
- Personal essay
- Faculty/advisor recommendation
- Study abroad program details
- Course approvals or Study Abroad Approval Form (for undergraduate students)
- Personal resume (optional)
Scholarships will be awarded to business students based on:
- Interest in study abroad and learning about different cultures/countries
- Ability to show how studying abroad will enhance your business knowledge/career potential
- Level of maturity and personal integrity
For all study abroad programs, the application deadline is mid-October of the year prior to the trip. Awards are announced a few weeks later in early November. Therefore, if your program begins in the spring, summer or fall of 2013, the deadline to apply is mid-October 2012.