Call for Applications – Faculty Associate for the Center for International Education
The Center for International Education, in collaboration with the Deans of CAS, CPS and WCB, is seeking applications for a Faculty Associate to serve during the 2017-18 Academic year. This position will work collaboratively with the Executive Director for International Education to determine best practices for developing international institutional partnerships and for Xavier-run programs in order to advance international education priorities at Xavier.
The primary duties of the Faculty Associate include curricular integration (working with department chairs and interested academic departments to map approved programs into the major and core) and assessment of student learning during education abroad programs. The Faculty Associate will attend CIE staff meetings and staff retreats and will serve as staff to the Education Abroad Advisory Council. Where interest and talent align, the faculty associate may focus on additional projects, if mutually agreeable.
The Faculty Associate will contribute approximately 25% of their time each semester to this new role. In return, the Faculty Associate will receive a teaching load reduction of one course per semester and a $4500 stipend. The Associate stipend includes pay for summer responsibilities, which can be scheduled flexibly, depending on need and availability. A consecutive term in 2018-19 as Faculty Associate may be an option for the right candidate and will be determined upon the mutual agreement of the candidate, Director, and department Chair.
Applications for the Faculty Associate positions will be accepted through Monday, May 15. Applicants must be full-time faculty, with a preference for tenured faculty. Qualified faculty members will be familiar with international education and will have previous experience leading study abroad programs and/or an understanding of the international student and scholar experience.
Letters of Application should address:
- Experience and enthusiasm for developing and advancing international education programs for students and for the assessment of student learning;
- Understanding of different types of education abroad and immersion programs (short-term, semester/academic year, exchanges, international service-learning);
- Former or current participation in faculty development or international education programs at Xavier, including the FLCs on Immersion and Internationalization, or other opportunities; and
- Experience leading faculty groups and/or committees.
The following application materials should be sent electronically to the CIE no later than Monday, May 15, 2017. (email@example.com):
- Letter of Application/Statement of Qualifications and Interest (no more than 2 pages) that include your rank and department, your relevant experience and expertise in this area and interest in the position, and how you view the state of international education at Xavier;
- An abbreviated curriculum vitae highlighting your own faculty development and experience with international education programs and initiatives; and
An email from your Department Chair documenting support for release time. Applicants should cc their Department Chair and Dean on their application.
If you have questions about this application or would like to discuss this opportunity, please contact Executive Director for International Education, Lea Minniti, firstname.lastname@example.org, 513-745-2864.