Sports Studies Education Abroad in Australia
Lennox Head, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne
May 14 - June 8, 2017
To expose athletic training (AT) and sport management (SM) majors to Australian culture and global educational concepts. This course will include:
- An introduction to common Australia sports including: surfing, rugby, and cricket from the lens of SM and AT
- Lectures from Australian professionals and faculty
- Programming at the Australian Institute of Sport
- Tour of the Sydney Olympic Park
- Tour of Blue Mountains
- Surf lesson and surf injury lecture
- Exposure to international sports, sport facilities, and sports medicine
- Free time to explore the local area
- Reading assignments, journal & final project
There are two options for course credit.
- Athletic Training (AT)
ATTR 320 International Sports Medicine (3 hours)
Pre-requisites: 2.75 GPA
- Sport Management (SM)
SPMG 340 International Sport (3 hours)
Pre-requisites: 2.5 GPA
- Application Fee: $50.00
- Tuition (Estimate) : $1,410.00
- Program Fee (18 Students): $4,515.00; or
Program Fee (16 Students): $4,905.00
- International Flight: $1,800**
- Total Estimated Cost: $7,725.00-$8,115.00**
* Subject to tuition changes
** Student is responsible for both international and US domestic flight. This is an estimate. Does not include domestic flight to Los Angeles.
Program Fee includes:
- All transportation in Australia
- All lodging in Australia
- Group entrance fees
- 30 meals
I want to go.
What do I do next?
- If you do not already have a passport (not a passport card), apply for one as soon as possible.
- Contact either Lisa Jutte or Linda Schoenstedt if you have any questions regarding the education abroad program.
- Complete the online application. Reserve your spot with a $500 non-refundable deposit & a copy of your passport by Feb. 1st, 2017.