Sports Studies Education Abroad in Australia
Lennox Head, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne
May 17 - June 10, 2015
To expose athletic training (AT) and sport management (SM) majors to Australian and global educational concepts and culture. This course will include:
- An introduction to common Australia sports including: surfing, rugby, and cricket from the lens of SM and AT.
- Lectures from Australian professionals and faculty.
- Programming at the Australian Institute of Sport.
- Tour of the Sydney Olympic Park.
- Tour of Blue Mountains.
- Surf lesson and surf injury lecture.
- Bush walk in an Australian Rainforest.
- Exposure to international sport.
- Free time to explore the local area.
There are two options for course credit.
- Athletic Training (AT)
ATTR 320 International Sports Medicine (3 hours)
Pre-requisites: 2.75 GPA
- Sport Management (SM)
SPMG 340 International Sport (3 hours)
Pre-requisites: 2.5 GPA
- Application Fee: $50.00
- Tuition (Estimate) : $1,290*.00
- Program Fee (20 Students): $4050.00; or
Program Fee (16 Students): $4650.00
- International Flight: $1,800**
- Total Estimated Cost: $7,140.00-$7,740.00**
* Subject to tuition changes
** Student is responsible for both international and US domestic flight. This is an estimate.
Program Fee includes:
- All transportation in Australia
- All lodging in Australia
- Group entrance fees
- 30 meals
I want to go.
What do I do next?
- If you do not already have a passport (not a passport card), apply for one as soon as possible.
- Contact either Lisa Jutte or Linda Schoenstedt if you have any questions regarding the education abroad program.
- Complete the online application.