Study Abroad in Australia
Lennox Head, Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne
May 12 - June 8, 2013
To expose athletic training and sport management majors to Australian and global educational concepts and culture. This course will include:
- An introduction to common Australia sports including: surfing, rugby, and cricket from the lens of SM and AT.
- Lectures from Australian professionals and faculty.
- Programming at the Australian Institute of Sport.
- Tour of the Sydney Olympic Park.
- Tour of Phillips Island.
- Surf lesson and surf injury lecture.
- Bush walk in an Australian Rainforest.
- Exposure to international sport.
- Free time to explore the local area.
There are two options for course credit.
- Athletic Training (AT)
ATTR 320 International Sports Medicine (3 hours)
Pre-requisites: 2.75 GPA
- Sport Management (SM)
SPMG 380 International Sport (3 hours)
Pre-requisites: 2.5 GPA
- Application Fee: $50.00
- Tuition : $1,230.00*
- Program Fee: $5,150.00**
- Total Cost: $6,380.00
* Subject to tuition changes
** Student is responsible for US domestic flight
Program Fee includes:
- International airfare.
- All transportation in Australia.
- All lodging in Australia.
- Group entrance fees.
- 32 meals.
I want to go.
What do I do next?
- If you do not already have a passport (not a passport card), apply for one as soon as possible.
- Contact either Lisa Jutte or Linda Schoenstedt to apply to the study abroad program. There is a $50 application fee. Submit a non-refundable $500 deposit by February 8, 2013.