Do you have Xavier SWAG? - 1 hour ago | 5 views
Posted: 9/2/14 6:10 PM
Xavier University is proud to announce Xavier SWAG (Student Wellness Advocacy Group), an opportunity for students to develop and facilitate prevention education programming on the critical wellness issues of sexual health, interpersonal relationships, gender identity, and alcohol and/or drug use. Eight SWAG Peer Educators (PEs) will provide education and resources on important issues impacting students’ lives. PEs will create dialogue among peers that will positively impact attitudes and behavior; and engage students in meaningful opportunities to create a healthy campus community that supports student success. This program encourages the intellectual, moral, and spiritual growth of both the PE and program participants.
PEs will strive to reach all Xavier students through collaboration with and programming for Resident Assistants (RAs), faculty, student groups, clubs, and more.
PEs will be expected to make a commitment to SWAG for the 2014-15 academic year and will receive a $1,000 leadership grant in compensation.
* Must be a current sophomore, junior, senior or graduate student enrolled at Xavier, and in good standing with the University
* Excellent professional communication skills in a variety of settings, including public speaking, meetings, telephone and email correspondence
* Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
* Ability to be self-motivated and work independently when necessary
* Willingness to work as a team member in student-centered environment
* Enthusiasm and commitment to working with students from a variety of backgrounds
* Commit to one full academic year. Priority will be given to those who commit to two years.
* Participate in BACCHUS training dates during Fall Semester 2014 (Oct 3-4)
* Commit 5-10 hours per week to program development, planning, and attending weekly team meeting
* Assist in the development and presentation of wellness programming on relationship and sexual health, alcohol and drug use and abuse, and bystander intervention to the university community.
* Attend BACCHUS regional conference (Spring 2015 - TBA)
* Facilitate a minimum of 5 programs per semester and administer assessment tools to measure knowledge, attitude and behavior change
* * * Applications are being accepted until September 12th, interviews will be September 17-18 and notification of acceptance will be September 22nd. Please keep in consideration that training dates are October 3-4 and you must attend the training to be a SWAG PE.
Any further questions or concerns, please contact:
SWAG Graduate Coordinator
For more information: http://tinyurl.com/m8upbaw
Hoff Dining Closing During Spirit C. . . - 10 hours ago | 60 views
Hoff Dining Closing During Spirit Celebration
Posted: 9/2/14 9:41 AM
Hoff Dining Commons will be closed on Wednesday, September 3 from 11:30 - 12:15 during Spirit Celebration. Lunch will be passed out during this time.
Multifaith Calendar - 10 hours ago | 26 views
Posted: 9/2/14 9:38 AM
A calendar of religious holy days and observances for 2014-15 is available online on the Center for Mission and Identity’s Jesuit Resource website. The calendar highlights work restricted holy days so that faculty and staff supervisors may affirm and support the faiths of all members of the Xavier community. For details, refer to page 29 of the Student Handbook and the University Religious Accommodation policy.