Posted: 2/5/16 3:40 PM
Tired of fielding questions from Mom and Dad about what you're doing this summer? Employers are headed to campus with jobs they want to give to you. View the Career Development Office's list of Employer Dates & Deadlines to find out what's coming up soon. We have many events planned to help you polish your resume and perfect your face-to-face introduction.
Posted: 2/5/16 3:03 PM
Attend the Fund Basics Workshop on Tuesday, February 16th from 3-4 pm in the Fifth Third Trading Center (Smith 106)!
This workshop is designed to introduce you to:
-How to set up an account & begin investing
-How to use Bloomberg & other online resources to evaluate your investment options
Register online: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e48a8ad2aa0f94-fund
For more information: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30e0e48a8ad2aa0f94-fund
Posted: 2/5/16 11:40 AM
Come register to vote in the state of Ohio!
Anyone looking to vote in the state of Ohio during the upcoming primary elections on Tuesday, March 15th must be registered if they are not already by Tuesday, February 16th. Ohio is a mixed primary, meaning that if you are registered Republican you have to vote Republican, if you are registered Democrat, you have to vote Democrat, but if you're registered Indepedendant you can vote in either party.
Reigstration will be set up in the Fenwick Atrium on Monday, February 8th, Wednesday, February 10th, and Friday, February 12th from 5-7:00pm.
- You are a citizen of the United States.
- You will be least 18 years old on or before the day of the general election (November 8, 2016).
- You will be a resident of Ohio for at least 30 days immediately before the election in which you want to vote.
- You are not incarcerated (in jail or prison) for a felony conviction.
- You have not been declared incompetent for voting puposes by a probate court.
- You have not been permanently disenfranchised for violations of election law.
What you need to register:
- Either a valid Ohio driver's license or the last four numbers of your social security.
If you are an out of state Xavier student interested in voting in Ohio:
- If you live on campus, write your Xavier mailing address on the voter registration form to vote in the March 15th election.
- You must fill out a new form with an updated address the following school year to vote in the general election on November 8th.
- If you live off campus, use your off campus address on your voter registration form. No update is needed if living in the same location for the general election on November 8th.
Voting is important! Let your voice be heard!
For more information: http://www.dmv.org/oh-ohio/voter-registration.php
Posted: 2/5/16 10:22 AM
Check out the Commencement website for information concerning this major event. Share the link with family and friends so they can celebrate with you.
Jostens representatives will be on campus the week of February 15th to answer any questions you may have concerning graduation announcements or rings. The times and locations are listed below:
Monday-Tuesday, February 15-16 on the third floor of CLC and Wednesday-Thursday, February 17-18 in the Smith Atrium from 11:00am to 5:00pm.
For more information: http://www.xavier.edu/commencement/index.cfm
Posted: 2/5/16 9:45 AM
A sterling silver ring was found in a green chair in Alter hall around 2 PM today, February 1st.
If you or someone you know, has lost this ring please send me an email at (firstname.lastname@example.org) describing the ring's design so I know I have the ring you're looking for!
Posted: 2/4/16 2:03 PM
What is your favorite London Premiership “football” club? Visit their stadium during free time from classes this July while taking classes in Xavier’s longest running London program.
Students take two (2) of the following three (3) courses, Monday - Thursday mornings:
BLAW300 – (Professor Fiorelli) – a required course for all business majors, but there are no prerequisites and everyone is welcome to attend. This course is also an E/RS elective, a DCR elective and a GDST elective.
PHIL200 – (Dr. Polt) – satisfies a 2d level philosophy requirement OR a humanities elective.
THEO – (Dr. Helmer) satisfies a 2d level Theology requirement OR a humanities elective.
Posted: 2/4/16 1:50 PM
Sophomores and Juniors Apply to be a Peer Leader!
Mentor a small group of first-year students and impact their success at Xavier!
Apply online at Xavier.edu/oneapp
Applications are due by Friday, February 19th at 5:00 PM!
For more information: http://www.xavier.edu/peerleader/