The Board of Elections (BOE) is a subordinate body of SGA that facilitate those elections, ensure all requirements of the Elections Code are followed, and is responsible for announcing the official Elections results. The BOE is comprised of a chair and a representative from each class. The 2015-2016 BOE is:
Chair: Talor Crawford
Senior Representative: Vacant
Junior Representative: Toni Ramirez
Sophomore Representative: Katie Rizik
First Year Representative: Brianna Ledsome
Advisor: Molly Dugan, Assistant Director of Student Involvement
Click any name above to email a member of the Board of Elections.
Want to Run for Senate?
If you are interested in being a Senator, the Board of Elections will help get you there!
Student Senators are elected by popular vote from among the student body. Twenty senators are elected each fall, 16 at-large senators and four first-year senators.
Your first step to becoming a Senator is to attend a BOE election informational meeting:
Tuesday, October 11th at 5pm
- Wednesday, October 12th at 12pm
- Thursday, October 13th at 4pm
- Friday October 14th at 4:30pm
- All meetings in Gallagher 210
Other Senate Election Important Dates:
- Tuesday, November 8 at 12pm (noon): Nominating petitions, headshot, candidate questionnaire, code assessment, and senate attendance verification form DUE (submit to box in GSC 210)
- Sunday, November 13 at 10am: Senate campaigning begins
- Sunday, November 13 from 3-6pm: Residence Hall Canvassing
- Wednesday, November 16 at 8am through Thursday, November 17 at 4pm: Voting Open at www.xavier.edu/election
Executive Election 2016
The 2016 Executive Election will take place October 26-27, 2016.
Voting will take place at www.xavier.edu/election.
Executive Election Important Dates:
- Friday, September 30, 2015 at 12:00pm (noon): Ticket Questionnaire, Ticket Photo, Nominating Petition, Code Questionnaire, and Information Meeting Submission Deadline
- Sunday, October 16 at 10:00am: Public Campaign Period Begins
- Tuesday, October 18th from 10:00am-4:00pm: Outdoor Campaigning
- Wednesday, October 19 at 3:30pm: BoE Hosted International Coffee Hour/Candidate Meet & Greet, Gallagher 2nd Floor
- Sunday, October 23 from 3:00-6:00pm: Residence Hall Canvassing
- TBD: Executive Election Debate, Location TBD
- Wednesday, October 26 from 10:00am-4:00pm: Outdoor Campaigning
- Additional events TBD
- Wednesday, October 26 at 8:00am until Thursday, October 27 at 4:00pm: Voting Open at www.xavier.edu/election
2016 Executive Election: October 26-27, 2016
2016 General Election: November 16-17, 2016
Click here to download the current Elections Code
Below are links to documents required to become a candidate. These are also found in the Elections Code: