BOARD OF ELECTIONS
The Board of Elections (BOE) is a subordinate body of SGA that facilitate those elections, ensure all requirements of the Elections Code are followed, and is responsible for announcing the official Elections results. The BOE is conprised of a chair and a representative from each class. The 2013-2014 BOE is:
Chair: Jayson Lerman
Senior Representative: Abdiel Acevedo
Junior Representative: Stephen Coulter
Sophomore Representative: Amanda Jones
First Year Representative: Stephanie Kuruvilla
Advisor: Molly Dugan, Assistant Director of Student Involvement
Click any name above to email a member of the Board of Elections.
Want to Run for Senate?
Student Senators are elected by popular vote from among the student body. Sixteen senators are elected each spring as uprising upperclassmen and four first-year senators are elected each fall from the incoming class.
Your first step to becoming a Senator is to attend a BOE election informational meeting:
- Informational meetings for spring 2014 elections will be held the week of February 24. Check back for times and locations closer to that date.
Other Senate Election Important Dates:
- March 13, 2014 at 12:00pm (noon): Candidate Questionnaire, Candidate Photo, and Nominating Petition Submission Deadline
- March 16, 2014: Public Campaign Period Begins
- March 16, 2014, 3:00-6:00pm: Residence Hall Canvassing
Executive Election 2014
Voting will take place on the MyXU Portal under the Student Services tab.
Executive Election Important Dates:
- January 17, 2014 at 12:00pm (noon): Ticket Questionnaire, Ticket Photo, Nominating Petition, and Information Meeting Submission Deadline
- February 2, 2104: Public Campaign Period Begins
- February 9, 2014, 3:00-6:00pm: Residence Hall Canvassing
*More dates and events will be posted prior to the campaign period.
Spring Executive Election: February 12-13, 2014
Spring Senate Election: March 19-20, 2014
No applications are available at this time