BOARD OF ELECTIONS
The Board of Elections (BOE) is a subordinate body of SGA that facilitate those elections, ensure all requirements of the Elections Code are followed, and is responsible for announcing the official Elections results. The BOE is comprised of a chair and a representative from each class. The 2014-2015 BOE is:
Chair: Stephanie Kuruvilla
Senior Representative: Alex Wait
Junior Representative: Chris Zonghetti
Sophomore Representative: Vacancy
First Year Representative: Laura Castillo
Advisor: Molly Dugan, Assistant Director of Student Involvement
Click any name above to email a member of the Board of Elections.
Want to Run for Senate?
If you are interested in being a Senator, the Board of Elections will help get you there!
Student Senators are elected by popular vote from among the student body. Twenty senators are elected each fall, 16 at-large senators and four first-year senators.
Your first step to becoming a Senator is to attend a BOE election informational meeting:
- Monday, October 5 at 3:30pm
- Tuesday, October 6 at 4:00pm
- Thursday, October 15 at 7:00pm
- Friday, October 16 at 12:30pm
- All meetings in Gallagher 210
Other Senate Election Important Dates:
- Tuesday, October 27 at 12pm (noon): Nominating petitions, headshot, candidate questionnaire, code assessment, and senate attendance verification form DUE
- Sunday, November 1 at 10am: Senate campaigning begins
- Sunday, November 1 from 3-6pm: Residence Hall Canvassing
- Wednesday, November 4 at 8am through Thursday, November 5 at 4pm: Voting Open at www.xavier.edu/election
Executive Election 2015
The fall 2015 Executive Election will take place in October 2015.
Voting will take place at www.xavier.edu/election.
Executive Election Important Dates:
- Friday, September 25, 2015 at 12:00pm (noon): Ticket Questionnaire, Ticket Photo, Nominating Petition, Code Questionnaire, and Information Meeting Submission Deadline
- Sunday, October 11 at 10:00am: Public Campaign Period Begins
- Tuesday, October 13 from 10:00am-4:00pm: Outdoor Campaigning
- Wednesday, October 14 at 3:30pm: BoE Hosted International Coffee Hour/Candidate Meet & Greet, Gallagher 2nd Floor
- Sunday, October 18 from 3:00-6:00pm: Residence Hall Canvassing
- TBD: Executive Election Debate, Location TBD
- Wednesday, October 21 from 10:00am-4:00pm: Outdoor Campaigning
- Wednesday, October 21 at 8:00am until Thursday, October 22 at 4:00pm: Voting Open at www.xavier.edu/election
Fall 2015 Executive Election: October 21-22, 2015
Fall 2015 General Election: November 4-5, 2015
Click here to download the current Elections Code
Below are links to documents required to become a candidate. These are also found in the Elections Code: