Orientation Team Information
Orientation Team Member Requirements
- Commitment to abide by all university policies and procedures. Manresa is an alcohol- and (illegal) substance-free event! The orientation team is required to sign a pledge promising to remain alcohol and substance free from Sunday, August 17, 2014 through Sunday, August 24, 2014.
- Commitment to serve as a role model for new students. This includes committing to maintain appropriate content on public on-line journals and networking tools.
- Ability to assist in the organization and preparation of the Manresa program.
- Ability to familiarize new students with academic opportunities and procedures.
- Ability to acquaint new students with campus services, activities, opportunities, policies, and locations.
- Ability to participate in and/or lead follow-up and evaluation efforts.
Orientation Team Member Qualifications
- Understand and support the goals of Manresa
- Demonstrate respect for all individuals regardless of ability, creed, ethnicity, gender, race, etc.
- Communicate appropriately with new students, family members, faculty, and administrators.
- Demonstrate responsibility, sincerity, enthusiasm, friendliness, flexibility, and patience.
- Display a willingness to help others.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn more about the programs, people, and policies of Xavier.
- Participate in all Manresa orientation and training events, including reading the common reading book.
- Maintain a minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application through spring semester 2013.
- Attend classes as a full-time undergraduate Xavier student during fall 2014, unless previously arranged with the Assistant Director. Students selected as RAs or Smooth Transitions Mentors for 2014-2015 are not eligible for Manresa.
- Intrinsic satisfaction, t-shirts, bags, and the joy of helping others.
- Meals provided throughout the week of fall training and Manresa.
- Orientation team members assigned to university housing for fall 2014 will move into their campus residence the morning of Sunday, August 17, 2014. If necessary, effort will be made to house off campus and commuter students in temporary campus housing for fall training and Manresa. Most students will be housed with another orientation team member.
Orientation Team Contract
- All members of the Orientation Team are expected to uphold their commitments. The Orientation Team Contract outlines these expectations in depth. Please review the contract and make sure you are doing your part to serve the Manresa program.